Friday, July 13, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

TGIF! I really didn't think Friday would ever get here! I felt like it was Friday all day Thursday so my week was pretty much really thrown off. But now it's Friday and I have some house hunting, running, and a game night on my schedule! I hope everyone had an awesome week and is heading into a great weekend! :)


1. Hippie Runner Headbands
I recently cut my hair a little bit shorter than I'm used to. It's super cute, but I'm struggling to put my hair into a ponytail now! Luckily, I remembered I had a couple thicker headbands laying around that I scored free at running expos. Once I learned that those were the trick to holding back the hair that wouldn't stay in my ponytail, I knew I had to order more in cuter patterns/colors. I have been receiving e-mails from Hippie Runner for awhile now, and they always have the cutest patterns, so I decided to order from there. Plus, their buy one, get one free sale was super helpful! Since getting the 6 I ordered in the mail last week, I have been loving them! The designs are adorable and they fit me perfectly! The material is a bit silkier than my other headbands, but they don't slip at all during my run. I definitely want to order more in the future. Check them out here if you're looking for cute, affordable headbands!


2. Knockaround Sunglasses
I heard about Knockaround sunglasses a couple months back, but I was putting off buying them for awhile. All of the sunglasses I have are freebies I've collected over the years. The sunglasses you tend to get free places are the exact type of glasses I love, so why pay for them? I finally decided that maybe I should have one nice pair of sunglasses for when I don't want to wear all the brightly colored pairs I have. Knockaround had a 25% a week or so ago, so I used this as an opportunity to treat myself to a pair of black Classics with polarized lenses. They are very affordable and super great! The frames are lightweight and aren't tight where they give me a headache. I'm thinking about buying more pairs in the future because they have great designs! If you're interested in buying a pair or two, feel free to use my referral code!


3. 10 Life-Changing Things to Try in July BuzzFeed article
Since I love BuzzFeed a lot and go on almost every day to read articles, I'm going to start adding at least one to my weekly favorites! This week's article that I love is a list of 10 life-changing things to try this month. Each month, BuzzFeed posts a list of things you should try that month that were tested or used by BuzzFeed staff the previous month. I love reading these articles because I always find new products or ideas! The list this month is great, like always, and I already added the book to my "want to read" shelf on Goodreads and am considering buying the Migraine Stick recommended for headaches.


4. Brooks Running Shoes
If you haven't realized already, I have a strong love for Brooks running shoes, and I feel the need to add them to my list this week just because. My first pair of official running shoes were Brooks Ghosts and I have been in love ever since. My go-to shoes are the Ghosts and Launches. Overall, I just love the company and think they have an amazing mindset portrayed by their slogan Run Happy. Last week I ordered some new shoes and as always, I am amazed at the comfort of their shoes and the speediness of their shipping! For anyone still unsure of what shoes they should be wearing, check out Brooks! The website has a cool little survey you can take to see which shoes are best for you and it's great!

No, that isn't the dress behind me, I'm actually wearing the dress in this picture :)

5. Wedding Dress Shopping
Last night I went wedding dress shopping and after trying on many gorgeous dresses, I said yes to my dress! The dress fits me perfectly and only needs to be hemmed! Plus, it was a sale dress so I was able to take it home last night! Now I just have to stare at it and wait until August 9, 2019 to display it for the world :P

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your dress! That's so exciting Emily!

    I'm a huge fan of Brooks and love to run in the Ravennas. I actually need to order a new pair soon but my wallet is telling me to buy non-running clothes instead..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I’ve never tried the Ravennas. Are they pretty cushiony? My wallet is not happy during training for me because I feel like I need everything! Haha

    ReplyDelete