Sunday, July 29, 2018

Marathon Training: Week 2

W2D1: Speed Intervals (4:18 interval goal)
Warm up, 4x800 (4:35, 4:20, 4:22, 4:29), cool down
*I was supposed to do 5x800 but the humidity was REAL. I cut out one of the 800's once I realized I was struggling to get even close to my interval goal. I'm just happy I got out there!*

W2D2: Strength Training
15 minutes abs + arms
1 mile lunch time walk

W2D3: REST DAY

W2D4: Marathon Pace Tempo Run (10:30 pace goal)
Warm up, 2 miles (10:25, 10:19), cool down
1.35 mile lunch time walk

W2D5: REST DAY

W2D6: 7 mile long run @ MP +45 (11:15 pace goal)
Average pace: 11:11
*My training schedule originally was a 9 mile run @ MP +45 but I was spending the weekend with my friend so I opted to run her mileage instead! We ran a VERY hilly route so it was quite the workout! Running with friends definitely makes the run go by much quicker!*

W2D7: REST DAY

Total Weekly Mileage: 14 miles
Less mileage and less strength/cross training  than last week but it was definitely a busier week. Friday was my last day of working camp so now I have 4 weeks to focus on my training and establish a routine before starting work at the end of the month!

3 comments:

  1. Last Monday was toasty and humid. Way to get 4 of the 5 intervals in!! It looks like a solid week of training for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just gotta do what you can! Thanks, I’ve been feeling strong so far!

      Delete
  2. Runners meme, Run meme We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work.

    ReplyDelete