Friday, July 27, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

Happy Friday, everyone! I've been looking forward to this Friday since summer began as it is my LAST day of summer camp. I really enjoyed my summer job, but now I have the next couple weeks to relax, get some stuff done, and prepare for this school year! Today we are having an end of summer picnic with the kids and I'm hoping the rain holds off. After work, I'll be hitting the road to go spend the weekend with one of my best friends! I'm looking forward to an awesome weekend and I hope you all are, too! Now onto the reason you are here... my list of things I'm living this week!

1. Officially Being Hired!
If you have been keeping up with my blog, or follow me on Insta, then you know that after 14 months of searching and applying, I have finally been offered a full time teaching position! I am beyond excited and thankful for this opportunity. On Tuesday, I talked with the director of special education in my school and she has me even more excited for this school year. I am really looking forward to having my "own" job as opposed to taking over someone's position as a long-term substitute! I'm sure I'll be talking more about this later! Click here if you want to read the post I wrote the other day about being hired.


2. Shopping for my New Job
Since I've known about my new job for over a month now, I've been slowly buying some fun school supplies #TargetLife. I know I'll have a desk in one of the 6th grade rooms I'll be co-teaching in, but that's about it. I'm okay with that because then I can focus on decorating my desk and assisting my co-teacher with her decorations. I just keep picking up some little supplies I think will be nice to have, like rubber band ball lights!

3. Grey's Anatomy
Last week John and I officially finished the last season of Grey's Anatomy that has been aired. We have been watching it on Netflix for the past couple months and now I'm not sure what we're supposed to do. Apparently we have to wait until next season starts and actually watch it week by week? Crazy talk! Haha but I am looking forward to a new season! I'll just miss binge watching it.

My summer genre of choice: thriller.
4. This BuzzFeed Article
I was thrilled to find an article on BuzzFeed this week that was a list of 20 Thrillers That Will Keep You Reading Until The Sun Comes Up. I've been reading a lot of thrillers lately so this list provided me with a ton of new books to add to my "want to read" shelf on Goodreads. I hadn't heard of most of them which was even more exciting. This week I'm finishing up The Woman in Cabin 10 which so far I highly suggest! I'm done work this week, and then I am off most of August, so you'll find me either running or reading for the month :)

Take notice of those nice, not chewed up nails ;)

5. Breaking Another Habit
A few months back, I broke the habit of drinking coffee every day. It was not planned but I'm pretty happy about it. I've noticed in the past month or so I have stopped biting my nails, a bad habit I have had since a child. Once again, it was not planned but I am absolutely thrilled that I have finally stopped without having to go through any extreme measures (sometimes I debated wearing gloves all the time haha). Biting my nails was always a habit that bothered me, but I couldn't find a way to stop so I'm super happy and hope I don't start back up again!

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. I had the same bad habit! I think I broke it so hopefully we can both kick it to the curb for good. Thanks for sharing that Buzzfeed article, I love a good thriller! The Woman in Cabin 10 was a good one.

    This week I've been loving my FlipBelt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was always a hard habit to break so I'm so thrilled it happened to easily this time for me! I finished The Woman in Cabin 10 and I didn't think the ending was as exciting as the rest of the book, but it was still a good one!

      Gotta love FlipBelts! They amaze me at how much they fit and don't bother me!

      Delete
    2. I agree with you on the book. The ending wasn't as good but still an enjoyable read.

      Right?! My giant iPhone can fit in it and I barely notice it's there once I'm moving

      Delete