Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Facts About Me

Happy Friday, everyone!! This week has felt extremely long, both good and bad. My weekend was spent tent camping at Knoebels, starting my week off on an exhausted note. To top of this fatigue, I got a root canal on Monday. To be honest, I was thrilled to get the root canal because my back tooth has been beyond sensitive for over 6 months. I just wasn't thrilled about the soreness that kept me from getting a good sleep for the first few nights. That effected my running this week but I'm starting to feel better and I'm hoping today's 12 mile run goes well!

Due to a pretty dull week for me, I'm switching my Friday Five up and telling you 5 facts about me instead of 5 things I'm loving! I got this idea from one of my favorite bloggers (check her out!) who did this a week or so ago. I hope you enjoy learning a bit more about me!

They were SO tiny!
1. On my first trip out of the country (Riviera Maya, 2015), I got to witness baby sea turtles leaving their nest and going to sea on our last morning there. I even got to hold a few of them and help them out!

My first smartphone was an iPhone 5C.
2. I didn't get my first smartphone until about 4 years ago. My grandparents even had smartphones before me!

Cities also have the best food ;)
3. My favorite place to be is in the city. I would never choose to live in one, but I love walking around busy cities, especially during the holidays.

Heck, I'd do pretty much anything for donuts!
4. If given a choice, I would eat sweets for the rest of my life! I'm only a little embarrassed to admit that a dinner of mine this summer consisted of a funnel cake. If it makes it any better, it was at a food truck festival that primarily had BBQ food which I don't like.

It may not look like too much of a difference, but boy do I feel a lot better!
5. Back in 2013 (it'll be 5 years in September!) I lost over 30+ pounds and have remained the same weight since then thanks to Weight Watchers and running.

Question of the Day: What's an interesting fact about YOU?

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool you got to see baby turtles leave their nest!! What an experience!

    One of my favorite not at all healthy summer dinners is a waffle ice cream sandwich. So darn good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummm! I had waffles and ice cream for the first time this summer and now I want it all the time!

      Delete