Friday, August 3, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Happy Happy Friday! Although I had off this whole week, I did keep myself busy and boy did that make the week go by fast! Today is my not-so-little little brother's birthday so we are doing our traditional Pop Shop dinner (the best grilled cheese place around!) as a family. I haven't been there in awhile so I am super pumped! I have random plans for the rest of the weekend but not too sure how it'll go so stay tuned! And now onto the 5 things I am loving this week...

1. Lie to Me by J.T. Ellison
If you’re looking for a good thriller then stop right now because I have found you one! I went to the library last week expecting to get another book but ended up leaving with this one without knowing anything about it. The small blurb at the top of the cover mentioned it was similar to Gone Girl so that sold me! It’s about a couple who seems perfect together until the wife goes missing and you start learning about the real people they both are. I was hooked from beginning to end as the ending was not predictable at all. Usually I’m able to figure out the ending with books like these but not this one! This may be my favorite book I’ve read this year so far.

2. Speed Workouts
Not many people probably say this but I’ve been loving my speed workouts these past three weeks of marathon training. This is my first time following a training plan with specific workouts, not distances, where I’m trying to hit specific paces. Personally, I feel like it gives me a real purpose for the run and something to focus on rather than thinking about how much my body hurts. The speed intervals are definitely more loved than the tempo runs due to the short bursts of speed. I have done my own kind of speedwork in the past but this structured plan has made it much more enjoyable!

3. Yoga
For years I have attempted to do yoga on my own with the help of some YouTube videos and Pinterest photos. Wednesday morning I finally got up the courage to not only go to one of the classes, but also place myself at the front of the room so I can really see what’s going on! I have to say I really did love it! I loved having the instructor walk us through the poses along with telling us when to inhale/exhale. I felt so relaxed the whole time (well, except when I was *attempting* any pose related to the downward dog) and left feeling super energized. I think my soreness on Thursday morning makes it clear it was quite a workout! I think I’m going to continue going the rest of the summer and possibly beyond that!

4. House Hunting
John and I are going on about month two or seriously looking for a house or townhome. Lately I had been getting a bit frustrated looking st houses while not finding “the one.” Wednesday we went and looked at a few places and it was so enjoyable. We found one we realllllly love but we need to talk with our mortgage guy about some stuff before really getting excited. I’m starting to feel like house hunting is actually starting to get somewhere and I’m feeling pretty good!

5. Wedding Registries
John and I both had off on Monday without a clue of what to do. After I went on a run and then we had a delicious pancake breakfast, John suggested we go to Bed, Bath, & Beyond to finally start our wedding registry. I was totally on board because we haven’t had much wedding stuff to do lately so this sounded great! We spent about two hours walking around picking out items and it was a blast! We only picked out some of the basic stuff as we want to do some research on all the appliances we want to register for. Now I am even more excited for our future house filled with pretty kitchen items and other cool stuff!

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. That's not weird at all to love speed workouts, sometimes they are my favorite!! One thing I've been loving this week is the tropical fruit blend I picked up at Costco on a whim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like speed workouts go by so quickly (I guess that’s the point of speed? Haha). I definitely have to get back on a smoothie kick, they’re so yummy!

      Delete