Monday, August 27, 2018

Marathon Training: Week 6

W6D1: Speed Intervals (5:24  goal pace)
Warm up, 5x 1000 (5:37, 5:31, 5:36, 5:39, 5:27), cool down
*I just could not keep up with my goal pace! This heat needs to get out of here ASAP!*

W6D2: REST DAY

W6D3: Mid-Tempo Run (9:39 pace goal) 
1 mile warm up, 4 miles (9:35, 9:41, 9:34, 9:45), 1 mile cool down

W6D4: REST DAY

W6D5: 10 mile long run + Strength Training
45 minutes strength training

W6D6: REST DAY

W6D7: REST DAY 

Total Weekly Mileage: 21 miles 
This was another hot, exhausting week, but I got the workouts done! My pace hasn’t been the best but I know I’m a few short weeks it’ll pick up in the cooler weather. Busy weekends have been forcing me to alter my schedule, which is exhausting. I can’t wait to be able to space my runs out more after Labor Day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What my coach told me with the heat is to go by effort! Obviously your body has to work hard for just easy runs in the heat so imagine how much it has to work for speed workouts. As long as you felt like you were pushing then you're doing perfect on speed intervals.

    Also those paces are still really good for the heat!! I actually hate speed and the heat haha so I'll try to avoid if possible

    ReplyDelete