Sunday, August 19, 2018

Marathon Training: Week 5

W5D1: Speed Intervals + Strength Training
Warm up, 1200, 1000, 800, 600, 400, cool down
15 minutes of strength training

W5D2: REST DAY

W5D3: Tempo Run (9:24 pace goal) 
1 mile warm up, 2 miles (9:21, 9:27)
*This was supposed to be a 5 mile tempo run with a warm up and cool down but it ended up being just a 2 mile tempo run. On Monday I got a root canal, making it tough to sleep the last couple nights. I started this workout late and struggled so much that I just listened to my body, calling it a day. I planned to finish the run later in the day but decided to use this time as a chance to rest before Friday's long run.*
1.5 mile walk

W5D4: REST DAY

W5D5: 12 mile long run @ MP +45 (11:15 pace goal)
Average pace: 11:50

W5D6: REST DAY
Local Fine Arts Festival = lots of walking!

W5D7: REST DAY 
Flea Market trip = even more walking!

Total Weekly Mileage: 18.5 miles
I’m so glad I listened to my body Wednesday and focused on resting. After a nice soak in an epsom salt bath Wednesday night, I was good as new for my long run on Friday. A busy weekend called for little exercise but I’m just trying to squeeze in as much as I can during this last bit of summer! I will hopefully make up for the lack of strength training this week!

3 comments:

  1. That was really smart you listened to your body and rested! Epsom salt baths are my favorite since I can watched Netflix or read while I soak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epsom salt baths may become part of my routine! It was sooo nice!

      Delete
    2. You should do them! So relaxing on tired legs

      Delete