Monday, August 13, 2018

Marathon Training: Week 4

W4D1: Speed Intervals (4:18 interval goal)
This run ended up turning into a 1.5 mile easy run after I realized how hot it was out at 6 in the morning... I also had to drive to Delaware shortly after this run so I figured shortening the mileage was fine.

W4D2: REST DAY
1 mile walk with Tommy in his wagon

W4D3: Tempo Run (10:30 pace goal) + Cross Training
1 mile warm up, 5 miles @ MP (10:24, 10:29, 10:26, 10:28, 10:29), 1 mile cool down
1 hour yoga class

W4D4: REST DAY

W4D5: 11 mile long run @ MP +45 (11:15 pace goal)
Average pace: 11:44
* I haven’t been too concerned about my pace on long runs because the heat has been unbearable and I’m just happy I could run that far in it. I’d prefer it to get back to my pace goal but one step at a time.*

W4D6: REST DAY
Knoebels trip with my family! Over 8 miles of walking!

W4D7: Easy Run 
I love to run when I’m on vacation just to explore a bit. I managed to run a quick mile around our campground before we headed into the park!

Total Weekly Mileage: 20.5 miles
This wasn’t my best week, but I got through it so all is good! I did my long run on a Friday since I’d be away all weekend which may be happening the next couple Fridays as well. Saturday and Sunday consisted of a ton of walking so I definitely got my workout this week. I slacked off in the strength training area because of being busy so hopefully that changes this coming week!

1 comment:

  1. Great job this week! Getting speed in when it's hot can be tough, I try to just tell myself I'll feel even better after since I can go home to lay on the ground for 30 minutes lol.

    ReplyDelete