Friday, October 11, 2019

Friday Favorites

Hi everyone! I am welcoming Friday with open arms today! It has been another long week and the weekend is going to be much appreciated. We have a busy schedule this weekend which includes pumpkin picking with friends up in Lancaster Saturday and going to Top Golf with family on Sunday. Maybe I'll squeeze in some relaxation time somewhere in there ;) Before I check out for the weekend, here are some things I've been loving this week!


Scotch Thermal Laminator
As a teacher, I love laminating! A few years ago, John surprised me with my own mini laminator. The biggest size paper it can laminate is 8.5 x 11 which is perfect! I buy the Scotch brand laminating sheets for it because they are the perfect thickness when laminating regular paper. It is perfect for laminating anything my students will be manipulating because it holds up well. It's also nice to be able to laminate something quickly without waiting for the person who laminates at our school to get your materials back to you.


Quinoa with Taco Meat & Veggies
I've been in a lunch rut lately so when my mom gave me some veggies over the weekend, I knew I needed to come up with something creative. I decided to chop up the veggies {zucchini, squash, and mushrooms} and sautee them in garlic oil. While that cooked, I boiled some quinoa. This was going to be it until I saw leftover taco meat in the fridge. So then I ended up with a mix of quinoa, sauteed veggies, and taco meat. Surprisingly it was a delicious lunch all week! I recommend it!


Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion
I'm positive I've mentioned this before on here but oh well. It has been my life saver this week! In- shower body lotion is exactly as you would think: lotion you use in the shower! I put it on right after I wash my body, but before I get out. It goes on just like lotion and then you rinse it before you get out. I love it because it keeps my skin moisturized now that it's getting a bit chilly out!


Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. I've always been a little skeptical of the in shower lotion. Something about it seems weird to me haha. Although I might change my tune if the bathroom is cold in the winter lol.

    This week I've been loving layer fruit bars from Costco! Perfect for adding to a meal or a quick snack to tide me over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna lie, I wasn't too sure about it at first but now I love it because it's some extra moisturization (is that even a word? lol) or I don't even use lotion after the shower.

      Those bars sound so good! I need some new snack ideas so I might check those out!

      Delete
    2. I need lotion or I have alligator skin haha I'll check that out since it seems faster than actual lotion

      Delete