Friday, October 18, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! This felt like a long week but now that Friday is finally here, it doesn’t feel as long anymore. We’ll be in Hershey for the weekend with my family! My sister and I are running the Hershey Half Marathon on Sunday and we get free park tickets so we’re going to go there on Saturday. I’m so excited!  Before I check out for the weekend, I’m sharing some things I’ve been loving lately :)


Walmart Joggers
I've been on the hunt for a nice pair of jogger sweatpants and after a long search, I've finally found a great pair.. at Walmart! I like to peruse the workout clothes section every time I'm there because I have found some of my favorite running clothes there. When I saw these joggers I was super excited because they were cheap. I was even more excited when they fit super comfortably AND had pockets! These have been my go-to pants for relaxing and running errands lately. Of course I can’t find them online now to share the link...

EveryDollar Budget App
John and I are currently going through the Financial Peace University classes to help us pay back our debt and so far we are loving it. As part of the class, we are making monthly budgets {real talk: we've always made a budget, but now we are a bit more smart about it}. The app that we are using is called EveryDollar and it focuses on a zero-based budget. A zero-based budget means we allocate every single dollar of our monthly income towards something. It's a lot easier than it sounds. Pretty much anything left after we've budgeted everything {mortgage, utilities, food, fun money, etc.} goes towards our loans. Easy-peasy! I highly recommend looking into it if you are looking for a budgeting app.


Honeycrisp Apples
My mom gifted me with a couple honeycrisp apples the other day and man have they been a good treat! Honeycrisp have always been my favorite apple. They are also so huge though! I usually have to cut them up and eat them as slices instead of biting into the whole thing. These have been a good taste-of-fall treat lately :)


Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. The budgeting app sounds interesting! Now that we're settled in and not having to go and buy a bunch of random things like shelves and hand soap, we're trying to work on our grocery budget. Personally I can't go all in on budgeting since it's overwhelming so I'm starting small haha. I'll definitely check that app out once we're better with our grocery spending.

    Honeycrisp apples are so good! I think we got some when we went apple picking but I'm not positive. I only know we got granny smith since we got those specifically for baking haha. The others are good but I don't know what's what.

    Good luck this weekend!! You and your sister will rock the half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had started small with just a grocery budget when we first moved out and that was helpful! It kept me from buying tons of useless stuff haha.

      Honeycrisp are my go-to apples but they can be pricey sometimes. I know granny smith apples cause they're green and a few others haha.

      Thank you so much!!!

      Delete