Monday, December 9, 2019

Cheers to 27 Years!

Happy Monday AND happy birthday to myself! Since today is my birthday, I have been thinking for a couple weeks about what kind of special post I should do for it. Considering I am 27, writing a list of 27 things just seemed exhausting. Instead, I decided I would share with you some lessons I have learned so far in my life. They might not be anything life-changing, but maybe one of them will help somebody out! Also enjoy some photos of things I did during my year as a 26 year old {aka my favorite age/year}.

Married my best friend!

Be kind. You truly never know what others are going through so just treat each and every person you meet with kindness. 

Ran my 4th marathon!

Take chances. You never know where a little risk-taking could take you! 9 years ago I took a chance and told my best guy friend how I really felt about him. Today we are happily married :)


My brother left for marine boot camp!

Do what makes YOU happy. I CANNOT stress this one enough! For years I have been a people-pleaser. I may still be, but I am working hard and making decisions that make ME happy and not basing my decisions off of making everybody else happy.


Adopted Jax!

Go at your own pace. I used to think that I was "behind" in life. I graduated college a little late because of transferring issues. I was still living at home at 25 years old. John and I waited over 8 years to get married. It took me a long time, but I finally realized it really doesn't matter what pace you go, as long as it works for YOU. I spent so many years comparing myself to other people when I should've just been enjoying my own life.


Became an auntie for the second time to this little cutie, Joey!

Treat Yo' Self! I've spent plenty of my years being cheap as heck for myself and then spoiling others. In the last couple year or so I've been letting myself splurge on the things that matter or make me happy, such as good running shoes or a chai tea latte.

Question of the Day: What is your favorite way to treat yo' self?

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! It's so important to be kind since you truly don't know what other people are going through that you don't realize.

    One of my favorite ways to treat myself if it involves spending money then it's a new nail polish or face mask if it's small, if it's something bigger then usually shoes or clothes lol. If I'm keeping it close to free then it's a face mask at home with a glass of wine and reading my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It really is! I love all of those ways to treat yourself! When it comes to spending money to treat myself, I have such a habit of buying cozy sweatshirts or scarves. I love warm things!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! It's funny how I have different versions of treat yourself since sometimes it's to relax at the end of a long day and others it's to celebrate something big. This time of year, cozy and warm things are a must!

      Delete
    3. I'm the same way! Mine can be as simple as a bubble bath or as crazy as shopping lol. All I know is treating yourself is necessary sometimes!

      Delete