Friday, December 13, 2019

Friday Favorites

Wow what a long, yet good, week! I started out the week on cloud 9 because we had heard from our new MARINE {my brother} on Sunday and Monday was my birthday. Work was busy since we are trying to wrap things up for the year. I have a semi-relaxing weekend ahead of me with just plans to celebrate my birthday with the in-laws on our agenda. Other than that, you will be able to find me parked on the couch with a blanket and Grey's Anatomy! Before I truck through this Friday, I'm sharing a few things I've been loving this week.


Mahogany Teakwood B&BW Candle
Thanks to the suggestion from Maureen, I picked up this scent while at the Bath & Body Works Candle Sale this past weekend. Not going to lie, I wasn't 100% sold on the scent just by smelling it but the jar was gorgeous so I figured I'd try it out. I am so glad I did because it gives the room a warm and cozy feeling. The candle is a mix of rich mahogany, black teakwood, dark oak, and frosted lavender with essential oils. It is pretty strong so I don't recommend it for those who like a more lighter scent.


Vanilla Bean Noel Whipped Confetti Body Scrub
This was an impulse buy while at B&BW on Saturday because 1. I had a coupon and 2. I can't pass up a body scrub that has the word confetti in the name. I've used it a few times already since buying it and I'm in love! It has a wonderful vanilla scent without being overpowering. I use my hands to apply it and it actually starts to create a light lather which is cool. I'm actually surprised at how moisturized it leaves my skin but of course my eczema makes it where I still need to put on a ton of lotion post-shower.

I'll talk more about it in a post next week, but I am running a marathon in April which means I'll be training through the winter. I trained during the summer for my other marathons and did half marathon training during the winter once but that is different. I turned to the good ol' internet this past week to find some helpful tips/information to help motivate me and out of all the articles I read, this was one of my favorites. They went beyond the basic tips of what to wear and how to be safe, which is what I was looking for. I just wanted something to get me pumped to run in the winter. I won't spoil the whole article, but my favorite tip was that winter training helps you not feel so "bleh" during the colder months when you're so tempted to just hide under blankets and snack on junk. I tend to gravitate towards comfort foods during the winter which leaves me feeling not my healthiest. Following a marathon training plan will keep my body moving and make me eat healthier, feel good foods, which makes me more motivated for this spring marathon!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


4 comments:

  1. You're making me want to put away the Christmas tree scented candle I have out right now to pull out my Mahogony Teakwood one. I just love the coziness it brings to a space! Definitely on the stronger side but I think that's okay for the more musky/warm scenter candles.

    I'm going to check that article out but training through the winter last year definitely helped me not feel so meh!

    One thing I'm loving this week is Merry Happy Whatever on Netflix. I've watched the entire shoe (8 episodes) while on the treadmill and it made time fly by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it lit on Sunday when my family came over and I was fully prepared for somebody to complain it was too strong but everybody loved it! I agree that it's more okay for warmer scented candles to be stronger rather than a floral or sweet one.

      I am really looking forward to having a reason to move this winter! I work out year round but it's easier to go lighter during the colder season.

      I need to check out that show! It sounds good and I could use a good treadmill show!

      Delete
    2. That's how I am too! Give me all the strong warm scents but I'll take more subtle sweet scents.

      As weird as it sounds, running outside after it's snowed (and when it's plowed and not majorly icy!) is so peaceful. Usually you're the only one out that isn't in a car and it's fun to just take it all in.

      The show is perfect for the treadmill!

      Delete
    3. I love running in the snow! I actually will go out sometimes when it's a light snow, before it gets icy and it is so peaceful. I'm obviously very cautious though! I enjoyed doing that in college on snowy mornings because nobody was ever out. SO peaceful!

      Delete