Friday, September 7, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

I’m not gonna lie, I wasn’t really sure of Friday was even going to get here... This week I started my new teaching job and it’s safe to say I love it so far! The only downside at the moment is that our school isn’t air conditioned. If you live in my neck of the woods then you know these past few days have been scorching! Luckily, the weather is supposed to cool down from here on out (though I struggle to believe that). Anywho, I’ll give you all more of an update on life soon because boy has A LOT been happening. I’m one to really add a lot to my to do list and lately the list(s) have been never ending! I still had time compile another list which would be my list of things I’m loving this week!


1. Pumpkin Spice
With fall quickly approaching, I’ve been loving all the pumpkin spice flavored treats. I have been trying to be good and not indulge in too many pumpkin baked goods just yet, so the extent of my pumpkin flavored loving has been the one pumpkin spice chai latte I had over the weekend and the Yoplait yogurt I’ve been eating for lunch. The yogurt really hits the spot when I’mtrying to steer clear of pumpkin rolls and muffins and other goodies.

2. Cooler Weather
The past weekend we got a nice sneak peek of what weather is to come and let’s just saying I was obsessed with it! I spent the weekend in the Poconos which is already usually cooler than home. Well I was pumped when for two of those days I was able to wear jeans and hoodie. Like what?! Hoodies are my absolutely favorite! I was thrilled but then not thrilled when the heat came around on Monday...


3. Dresses
Unfortunately, the school I work in doesn’t have air conditioning in most of the rooms. Dresses have been my best friend the past week because they’ve been the perfect thing to wear in this heat. I’m so used to working in cold environments so my dresses haven’t gotten as much wear as they have been lately. I forgot how comfortable and convenient they were!


4. Long Runs
I could go on for days about why I love my long runs during training, but I’ll save a lot of that for a future post. Basically, I’ve been appreciating my long runs lately because it has been time for “me time.” I use my long runs to think about random ideas I’ve had, listen to interesting podcast, and just be by myself. I truly enjoy getting lost in the miles and seeing the mileage go up as I continue to chug along.

5. This BuzzFeed Article
One of my favorite things about the beginning of a new month is the new “Life-Changing Things to Try” articles. I’ve learned about so many new products, ideas, and more from these simple monthly articles. Some highlights of this month is the inexpensive oil diffuser and the idea of a weekly dinner with friends. These articles are just great because some ideas are simple or I’ve already heard about them, but the writers of this article have actually tried said things so I have someone’s real opinion on them!

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. Dresses are amazing for the heat!! Plus I feel like they make it seem like you tried since they appear more put together haha.

    I can't believe you're having pumpkin flavored anything already! Don't get me wrong I love pumpkin flavored things but with the heat we've been having, I don't even want the taste in my mouth lol.

    This week I've been loving homemade hashbrowns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m hoping by consuming pumpkin flavored things that fall will get here quicker! Haha after those cool days over the weekend, I’m in full fall mode. This heat is just killing my vibe :P

      Delete
  2. Marathon Training Program Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete