Sunday, September 23, 2018

My Summer Bucket List Update

With the craziness of the end of this summer, I completely forgot to check in with an update on my summer bucket list! What better time to check in than the day after the first day of fall?! Back in June I made a list of 5 things I wanted to do this summer. Now I'm going to share that list again with a comment of whether I did it or not. 


1. Read 10 books. 
I did complete this goal! I actually read a total of 10 books this summer. I had hoped to read more but with all the other stuff I had going on, I'm impressed that I finished these 10. I read mostly thriller books this summer, such as The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Lie to Me by J.T. Ellison. My reading time mostly took place on my lunch breaks at work. I would hide out in my room and read while I ate when I wasn't in the mood to socialize.



2. Go on at least one road trip to somewhere new.
I didn't go on any specific road trips to anywhere new, but I did travel to places I had been before and visited new attractions in that area. My biggest trip was to Knoebel's, which I had been to years ago, but I barely remembered anything about the place. Maybe that counts? Haha, it felt new to me!



3. Spend more time outside.

I definitely spent a tremendous amount of time outside. Between running, going on walks during lunch, and spending time outside with my nephew, I feel like I spent as much time as I could outside. Even when it was hot as anything, I made a point to get in some sort of outdoor time.

Marathon training in the summer made possible thanks to neighborhood sprinklers!
4. Stick to my marathon training schedule as closely as possible.
I am happy to say that I definitely did this! Up until the past 2 weeks, my training has been going smoothly. I only had to alter it one or two times, and that was due to weather/safety reasons. Honestly, I've been enjoying the detailed schedule because it makes me feel like each day is a new mini goal. I think that helped me out with this goal during the summer!



5. Enjoy life!

Yes, I really did! For some reason this just felt like the most relaxed, care-free, fun summer. I worked, but it was fun! When I wasn't working, I was doing whatever I wanted to do. I rarely felt stressed which is a win-win!

Question of the Day: What is one thing you were happy you did this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment