Monday, September 3, 2018

Marathon Training: Week 7

W7D1: Speed Intervals (8:51 goal pace)
Warm up, 3x 1600 (8:57, 9:02, 9:05), cool down

W7D2: REST DAY

W7D3: Short-Tempo Run (9:24 pace goal) 2 mile treadmill run
Due to weather and pure exhaustion, my 6 mile tempo run turned into 2 fast miles on the treadmill and I'm okay with that! The rest will benefit me!

W7D4: REST DAY

W7D5: 15 mile long run + Strength Training
*I was supposed to run 13 miles today but then decided to tack on some more miles. The weather was great and the next few weeks will be crazy, so I took advantage of being able to get ahead! My rest this week helped!*
45 minutes strength training

W7D6: REST DAY

W7D7: 3 mile recovery run

Total Weekly Mileage: 24.5 miles 
This week started out rough but ended with a nice long run! I’m hoping this nice weather continues and my runs get better from here!

2 comments:

  1. 15 miles and 45 minutes of strength?! Dang girl, that's intense! I basically come home and quickly stretch before showering haha. Strength is the farthest thing from my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha there was a few hours between running and strength training! I like to do both in the same day because I know I’ll be sore the next day regardless so might as well make it worth it!

    ReplyDelete