Sunday, September 9, 2018

Marathon Training: Week 8

W8D1: Speed Intervals 3 mile run
Warm up, 3x 1600 (8:57, 9:02, 9:05), cool down

W8D2: REST DAY

W8D3: REST DAY

W8D4: Strength Training
15 minutes of weights

W8D5: Mid-Tempo Run (9:39 pace goal) 7 mile run
*Due to a long work day and the heat, I decided that instead of running a 7 mile tempo run, I'd just run the mileage at an easy pace.*

W8D6: Long Run 5 mile run

W8D7: Strength Training
1 hour of moving heavy furniture (yes, this counts for me haha)

Total Weekly Mileage: 15  miles 
This week didn't go as planned in any way whatsoever and THAT'S OKAY! It was my first week of my new teaching job, I was super busy with life stuff, and the heat was unbearable. I altered my schedule a ton and just did what I could to make it through the week. I'm disappointed that a long run never happened but I'm seeing this as a good rest week for myself. I just have to remember that I'm at a busy point in my life (more information on that later ;) ) and I have done marathon training before so I'VE GOT THIS! Next week might not be any better but hey, we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. It stinks when the schedule doesn't go as planned. It happened to me a bit this morning and I just told myself missing a few miles won't make me fail at the marathon.

    Moving furniture definitely counts as a workout!

    ReplyDelete