Friday, September 21, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

Hi, everyone! Happy Friday :) I wasn’t sure if t was ever going to get here, but now it’s here and I’m happier than ever! This week has been such a busy one with continuing to unpack and then just various events I’ve had to attend. I’m truly looking forward to a (pretty much) uneventful weekend. My goal is to unpack all boxes or at least put the box in storage if I don’t need it right now. Let’s see how that goes... haha. Before we can even get to the weekend, let’s recap some things I’ve been loving this week!


1. Copper Chef Perfect Egg Maker
As many of you know, John and I moved into our new house this past weekend. To start us off on the right foot, we made a trip to Bed Bath & Beyond and Walmart to stock up on necessities. One of those happened to be an egg maker! I may sound lazy, but the last thing I want to do is make boiled eggs on the stove so this egg cooker is perfect for me. It's super easy to use. You just poke the bottom of the eggs you want to boil with the poker(?) at the bottom of the given measuring cup, add the amount of eggs you want to the trays (you can make up to 14 at a time!), pour in the amount of water for that many eggs, and turn it on. That's it! I definitely suggest following ALL the directions in the book it comes with in order to end up with the perfect eggs. The egg maker can also make soft or medium boiled eggs, poached eggs, and omelettes. I'm hoping to play around with it a bit more this weekend so I can try different things out!

2. Vacuum Sealing
My mom was nice enough to give me my very own vacuum sealer for my new house. On Saturday I was able to use it and I loved it! My mom had made a ton of food for our move in weekend which meant we had a ton of leftovers. She let me vacuum seal all the extra chili, sausage, and meatballs for John and I to freeze and then have for dinner sometime in the future. I never realized how easy it is to use! I'm looking forward to buying more food in bulk, or making meals in bulk, and then freezing them for later.

3. Baths
It's been a long time since I comfortably fit in the tub at my house. I forgot how much I loved to sit and relax in a nice bath every once in awhile. Luckily, our new house has a decent sized Jacuzzi tub that I have taken advantage of since moving in. It's been perfect for a Epsom salt bath when my body is tired or even just a warm bath after a long day. It's crazy to think that I used to hate baths as a child!

4. Routines
It's been awhile since I've been in a good routine due to starting a new job and moving. Now that things are starting to settle down, I'm eager to get back into all the routines that I put on the back burner lately. I didn't realize how much I love and miss having my routines until I had some pretty crappy lunches this week thanks to not meal prepping on Sunday's. This week will hopefully allow me to get back into my usual routines while also creating some new ones!


5. Special K Cereal
Some days I have a really great breakfast while other days I just eat whatever I find in the fridge/pantry. This week has been crazy and I haven’t been to the grocery store, so my breakfast each day this week has consisted of hot tea and dry Special K cereal. I eat the cereal dry because I’m usually snacking on it during homeroom or first period so milk isn’t really an option. I’m not mad though because I love Special K cereal and it’s been keeping me filled until lunch! My mom gave me two different types when I moved out, lemon and blueberry clusters and then another kind with peaches and yogurt chips. Both are so good!

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. I love the wine bottle in the back of the egg cooker picture ;)

    Epsom salt baths are the best! I can't wait to have a bigger bath that I can fit it. Jealous you have a big one to soak in.

    I freeze all of the food haha. Seriously, buy a bunch of meat and then wrap it and freeze. It saves money and you never have to worry about not having meat for a meal. Plus bread and sauces will freeze well too.

    I don't buy a ton of cereal but I love Special K. I think my favorite from them is the strawberry one but lemon and blueberry sounds tasty.

    This week I've been loving lighting candles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t even realize the wine bottle! It was a nice house warming gift :)

    We’ve Been freezing everything and I’m so excited to have meals later!

    Candles are perfect at this time of year! Right now I have a pumpkin candle in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete