Friday, February 1, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

Happy Friday! I’m actually happy to admit that this week seemed to speed by for me. The temperature is supposed to go up more this weekend after such a chilly week and I’m really looking forward to it! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :)


1. Lush Shampoo Bar
I've heard nothing but good thing about the shampoo bars from Lush so when I finally found myself in a Lush store this past weekend, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try one out! This was my first time really looking in the store {typically I just peek my head in and get overwhelmed with the amount of products to look at so I leave} and I was pumped to find out that I could get a sample of a shampoo bar to try out before actually purchasing one. HECK TO THE YES! I picked out a scent that was on the lemon-y side and they gave me a quarter of the original bar! I've been using it all week and I am already in love! It suds up really nicely and leaves me hair feeling light and clean. There is one more scent/type I want to try out before purchasing a full bar. A shampoo bar is about $11 but it lasts for 80 washes so it's a pretty good deal AND you're not using plastic bottles. Win-win if you ask me.


2.  Quinoa
I go through a rotation with food for my lunches so that I don't get sick of certain foods. Quinoa came back into the rotation in the past few weeks and I think it's here to stay for awhile. I love how versatile quinoa is as you can mix it with all different things. We had leftover ground turkey seasoned with taco seasoning one night and I mixed it with the quinoa. I was surprised at how tasty it was! On a typical day I'll just add some veggies and/or chicken. If anyone is a quinoa fan, do you have any suggestions of what to add?


3. Prodigy
This is a silly one, but I've been loving the new online math game we've been using with the sixth graders. It's a math game that doesn't even feel like a math game because you're so focused on "leveling up" and "battling" other students. My co-teacher and I set our kids up on there this week and learned that as teachers we are able to play as well! It's been a fun week of trying to see who can beat us teachers in battles and competing for the highest levels.


4. Tidying Up With Marie Kondo
After reading Marie Kondo's book back in the spring/summer, I figured it was worth a shot at watching her new Netflix series. So far I'm really loving it because it's taking ideas I read about in the book and giving me a visual. I had already switched my way of folding to her way but I realized I had been doing it a bit differently. I guess I just interpreted what I read wrong. I also now have a better understanding of the "spark joy" idea. If you haven't checked out this new Netflix series yet, I highly suggest it. Just be warned, it may make you want to get rid of a lot of stuff {not necessarily a problem}.

5. Alexa
John and I received an Echo Dot for Christmas last year and at first, had no clue what to really do with it besides ask Alexa for trivia questions and to play music. Over the past few months we have gotten a few smart lightbulbs and a smart thermostat. I now feel like I’m living in the future because we can control the thermostat from our phone or just tell it what to do. We also set the smart bulbs up in our bedroom so I just tell Alexa to turn them on. It’s the coolest thing ever! I never thought I’d say this, but I wish our whole house could be hooked up through Alexa!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

4 comments:

  1. I've always wondered how the Lush shampoo bars work so it's awesome you can get a sample! I'm going to have to try and get a sample next time I'm near a Lush store.

    I used to eat quinoa like it was my job haha. The best way (in my opinion) to prepare it is with some sort of broth instead of water. It gives the plain quinoa a little flavor which I prefer.

    One thing I'm loving this week is anything warm! Give me all the sweater, blankets, fires, and warm beverages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely forgot to respond to this! Yes definitely get a sample to try first! I love that they offer samples especially since you never know how you will react to a skin care item.

      I actually picked up some chicken broth at the grocery store this weekend to try instead of water. I can't wait to try it out!

      Even though it's a bit warmer this week, last week was the best weather for hot beverages and all the blankets! I wish we had a fireplace in my house because that would just be perfect!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know Lush did samples like that- that is awesome!!! I wouldn't have tried a shampoo bar because it sounds messy- but I'm glad to know it works well- now I'll definitely have to give it a go! Ohhh quinoa is soo good- I like to pair it will butternut squash & craisins on a salad or I like eating it with hummus/sundried tomatoes/marinated veggies like artichoke hearts/ red peppers! Thanks for the fun faves as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to try it as a sample because I never know how my skin will react so I'd had to spend a lot of money before knowing for sure. Yummm thanks for the lunch/dinner ideas with quinoa! I love how versatile it can be with cold or hot meals. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete