Monday, February 4, 2019

My Week in Pictures VIII

Oh man, what a week last week was. I can’t believe it’s already Monday and it’s time to start over again. I could really use an extra day to the weekend. Sadly that’s not possible, so here I am starting my work week on a tired note. Continue on to see what I was up to all last week through pictures!

I started my week with a chilly run Monday. The sky was beautiful!


There is a Free Little Library on my way home from work so I stopped by and switched out a book to get this new one.


I squeezed in a quick run before the wind picked up and the temperature dropped on Wednesday. While running, I found someone’s package that blew 2 units down from where it was left. I did my good deed for the day and brought it back to the right place AND put something slightly heavy on top to hold it down.


I spent the rest of Wednesday night in a warm bath with hot chocolate. I tried out my new Winter Candy Apple bubble bath and it was amazing!


Late Tuesday night my family found out that my Aunt Lynne had suddenly passed away. The first part of her services were Friday (burial is Monday) and luckily I was able to get a bereavement day from work. John and I stopped for breakfast at the Amish Market on our way to the funeral on Friday since we had some extra time in the morning.


To make Friday even better (*sarcasm*), we came home to a burst pipe in our downstairs bathroom. What a mess it was!


After a long night, and hardly any sleep, John surprised me with a chai tea in bed. He even put frothed milk on top!


My friend, Erika, and I went ice skating on Saturday afternoon.



We postponed our pizza night with my sister, brother-in-law, and brother until Saturday night and it was just what I needed!


John made a stuffed crust pizza. So good!


Sunday morning was another lazy morning after yet another long night. Dexter wasn't complaining about some extra snuggles!


I peeled myself out of bed to run a quick 4 miles because how could I not take advantage of the beautiful weather?!


When I got back, we made waffles for a late breakfast before heading to my grandparents to hang out with my family.


We watched the Super Bowl at John's parent's house. I'm not one to really pay attention to the game, but John had bought us boxes in his dad's work pool so we were paying attention to that. Good thing because our box won in the second quarter!! We won a whopping $500! We are so thrilled because that pays for the plumbing bill from Friday. I also got to eat a delicious cannoli, so win-win, right?!



Question of the Day: What is something fun you did this past weekend?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your aunt Emily <3 Sending positive vibes and prayers to you.

    The burst pipe is a total downer but winning the squares totally makes up for it since it's almost a wash in terms of money. Plus cannolis are never a bad dessert!

    This past weekend was fairly lazy but we did get drinks with our neighbors which is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Maureen <3

      Winning the money was such a great feeling! I've never participated in something like that so I was so pumped!

      A lazy weekend is always needed! I'm hoping to have one of those this coming weekend!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome <3

      I never win in those so I'm pumped for you!

      Delete
  2. Aw free libraries are just the cutest!!! That was so sweet of you to make sure your neighbors’ package stayed down- crazy how powerful that wind is! That bubble bath sounds like perfection- and with hot chocolate- mmm mmm!

    I’m so so sorry about your Aunt <3 I send big hugs to you & your family, Em.

    I’m glad John was there to care for ya- the chai tea with frother milk sounds like a hug in a cup.

    Your pizzas look perfect! Have you ever heard of Adjaruli? That’s what your pizzas remind me of- one of the greatest things I have ever tasted truly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mackenzie <3

      I've never heard of Adjaruli but I'll have to look it up! The pizzas did taste amazing!

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!

      Delete