Wednesday, February 20, 2019

One Year Blogiversary



One year ago today I finally got up the courage to create this blog. I remember how excited I was to publish my first post and start this adventure in the blogging world. To be honest, I didn't expect it to last very long, let alone make it to it's first blogiversary! But here we are, one year later and I have somehow managed to maintain coming up with new content and posting regularly. 

For the past couple weeks, I've been racking my brain on what to post on my one year blogiversary. I've come up with a couple different ideas, and rather than choose between them, I figured I'd just compile them all into one post.

First, I want to start off by recapping the last year of my life that I've been able to share through blogging. I published my first official post on February 19, 2018, although I didn't publicly share it with the world {aka Instagram} until the 20th. I made a decision to register and run my third marathon. Through my blog, I was able to share all 18 weeks of my training. This helped me stay focused and motivated throughout those 18 weeks. I started my Friday Five series just a week or so after launching my blog. The first post focuses on my 5 running essentials. I made the decision to pick the broad title of "Friday Five" so that I wasn't always limited to picking the 5 things I was loving that week.

In March, I ran my first race of the year {The Lucky Run} and shared my first ever race recap. April was the month I stopped drinking coffee. I shared my thoughts on this in May, after it had been a whole month coffee-free. In July, I shared BIG news regarding my new full-time job and then in September I shared more big news about our new home! So much excitement over those few months.

October and November brought a ton of marathon related posts. A few of my favorites were Lessons I Learned During Marathon Training, Marathon Day Essentials, 5 Thoughts Going Into Marathon Weekend, and How to Beat Post-Marathon Blues. On November 18th, I ran my third Philadelphia Marathon {and third marathon overall}! I wrote a recap on that because man, was it a great day!

To start of 2019, I shared my goals for the year. I made the decision to post a monthly update of my goals which I've done at the end of January so far. My favorite post so far of the year is part one of How to Annoy a Runner. I have a part two scheduled in a couple weeks and I may already being compiling a list for a part three after getting some responses to my part one.

Blogging has become such a part of my life throughout this past year. I truly enjoy coming up with content and sharing my opinions and life with anyone who reads my posts. I also look forward to reading other blogs and making friendships with those who share the same passions as me. 

Before I wrap this up, I wanted to share with you that I did a little updating on my blog. I rewrote a couple parts in my About Me tab and added some more products to my Products I Love Tab. I plan on doing a bit more updating in the next few weeks so stay tuned!

I really want to end this post by saying a huge THANK YOU to everyone who takes the time to visit my little corner of the internet and read whatever I have to say! You truly are AWESOME and make this journey so much more rewarding!

4 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary! I love reading your posts and following along with all of your training for Philly last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! :) It was so fun following along with your training, too! Hopefully I train for a new race soon and can blog about that!

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogiversary, Em!!! It's been such a joy to follow along. I can't wait for this next year for you in blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mackenzie! I'm so glad you've been enjoying my blog :)

      Delete