Friday, February 8, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Happy Friday! This week was more calm compared to last week but I'm still super thankful that the weekend is finally here. I'm pretty worn out so a relaxing weekend, which is on the schedule as of now, is much needed! Before we can get this show on the road, read on to see what I've been loving this week!


1. L.L. Bean Boots
These were actually a hand-me-down and at the time I received them, I wasn't sure I'd ever actually want to wear them. The color wasn't really my choice and I just assumed they'd feel clunky on my small feet. Well I have to admit, I was quite wrong! These boots are actually incredibly comfortable and keep my feet nice and toasty. I have somehow made the dark red color go with all the outfits I've paired them with. It's to the point where I've worn them even when there isn't any snow on the ground!


2. Kettle Corn
Since moving out, John and I have learned that once we are home, we don't really snack. Whenever I go to the store, I don't really buy many snacks besides those we'd both pack in our lunches. However, one day John suggested we get some kettle corn to eat while watching TV some nights. I picked up a lighter version since typical kettle corn can be extremely high in sugar. We've been obsessed with it ever since I first bought a bag! I've even added it into my lunch snack rotation. Since buying the original bag (American Farmer brand, on the left), I have also tried Angie's Boom Chicka Pop (right). John favors the American Farmer kind while I would pick Boom Chicka Pop so at this point we just buy both, haha.

3. Leftovers
Not gonna lie, leftovers really came in clutch this week. After a crazy busy weekend, I didn't get much meal prepping done so I had to rely on whatever I had left over from meals over the weekend and stuff we had put in the freezer a few weeks ago. Though I am excited to get back into my normal routine come this weekend.


4. B&BW Winter Candy Apple Bubble Bath
For Christmas, I asked for bubble bath now that I had an actual bath to use it in. John surprised me with a bottle from Bath and Body Works in one of my favorite holiday scents. I absolutely love the amount of bubbles it makes {not too much, but just enough!} and don't even get me started on my love for anything apple scented. This has definitely helped me keep the holiday cheer alive as the weather gets cold and gross.

Something about an organized breakfast cabinet makes me feel so good! We have so much cereal while neither of us really eat it lol. 
5. Decluttering
Fun fact: I hate clutter and "stuff." I guess that isn't really something fun but I'm serious. If I could get John to get on board to live the minimalist lifestyle, I would. I just get so annoyed when there are things in my way, especially things I don't necessarily need. Over the past few days, I have worked on going through different areas of our house and sorting through items to get rid of things that we don't need. One major area of clutter has been mail/random paper stacks in our kitchen. Where does it all even come from?! It's amazing the kind of things that will pile up if you let it. It's been feeling so nice to have a little bit more space!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the kettle corn flavor of Boom Chicka Pop but that's one of the best premade popcorns in my opinion! Decluttering has been something I've been doing too this week! Mostly because we may be moving in a few months and I'm viewing it as less stuff to pack haha.

    Something I'm loving this week is the weather. I've run in shorts the past two mornings and it feels so nice to let my legs breathe ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving sounds exciting!! In the months leading up to us finding our house I started getting rid of so much because I didn't want to pack it all too lol. You realize there is a lot of things you no longer need/want.

      Shorts are the best! I actually ran in shorts and a tank top on Tuesday and for a second, I forgot it was February! I wish this weather would stick around because shorts weather is the best weather :)

      Delete
    2. We're still not sure our plan but I'm pretending we are when I'm cleaning stuff out because if I don't want to pack it then I probably don't need it. Or it's something I haven't used in a while and if I every want it then I'll just buy it again.

      Tuesday afternoon was awesome for a run! I ran in the morning so I just took Bailey on a walk but I would've loved to run then.

      Delete
    3. It was perfect weather! I had some foot/ankle pain about a mile in but at the point I had already gotten far from my house and the weather was amazing, so I made myself keep going haha.

      Delete
  2. Those boots are so cute. I love the color! Boom Chica pop is a staple in our house! Also white cheddar light Smartfood is our other fave! Winter candy apple is SUCH a good scent!!! Decluttering always feels sooo good! I have been loving roasted beets lately- they are so easy to make and just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd love these boots but now I find myself wearing them all the time! I haven't had white cheddar Smartfood in awhile! I may have to pick it up soon. Yummm roasted beets sound amazing! I realized I liked beets a couple years ago and now I love having them!

      Delete