Tuesday, December 11, 2018

26 Facts About Me!

On Sunday I turned 26 and to celebrate, I thought it would be fun to share 26 facts about myself. It took me some time, but I finally was able to think of 26 facts that spanned throughout all my years of life and didn't relate to running since I always talk about that. I hope you find them as interesting or fun as I did :)


1. I can touch my nose with my tongue!

2. I played the trumpet from 5th-12th grade and was in the marching band from 9th-12th grade.

3. To go off being in marching band, my senior year was the first year my band won the Atlantic Coast Championship which is a huge deal. It was a great way to finish off my final year of marching band!

4. I have Reynaud's Syndrome which causes both my fingers and toes to turn white when they get even the slightest bit cold. It's been a pain lately!


5. I met Kristen Chenoweth in 2012. She's just as adorable in person as you'd imagine!

6. My first official job was as a waitress at a diner. I still get stressed when I eat at a restaurant and the waitresses are clearly busy and running around.

7. I'm technically a registered Boy Scout because I worked at a Cub Scout camp for 2 summers.

We saw baby sea turtles going from their nest to the ocean!

8. My first time out of the country was at age 22. I went to Mexico with John and his family.

 9. At the age of 7, I was rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. It was my first and only surgery.

10. I was in my school's musical my senior year of high school. It was the play Les Miserables and I just was part of the ensemble.

11. My favorite musical of all time is Wicked. I saw it in Chicago in 2008 when my band went there as our annual band trip.


12. I participated in a few pageants after high school. I am by no means a pageant queen, but it was a fun way to earn some scholarship money!

13. I've collected pressed pennies since I was young. My mom and I used to research penny machine locations anytime we went somewhere new. Family members used to bring them back from their trips for me, I still collect them to this day.

14. I drink at least a gallon of water a day.

15. I used to think I wanted to teacher the younger grades but after a long term position as a middle school teacher, I chose to take a full time position teaching middle school.


16. My hair used to be really long until I cut it short in 2015 and donated it. I've kept it short since.

17. I've been best friends with my fiance since the beginning of 5th grade. For those counting, that's about 15 years!

18. I'm still best friends with two of the girls I met and became friends with in kindergarten.

19. I know some American Sign Language. ASL was offered as a course while I was in college and it fulfilled my foreign language requirement. I still remember a lot and even taught my nephew some so he can communicate with us.

20. My first pet was my cat, Nala, who lived for 18 years. 

First car vs. my current car

21. I didn't get my first car until November of my freshman year of college which made life a bit difficult until then. My first car was a teal-ish colored 1997 Ford Contour.

22. I have been a Girl Scout since I was in kindergarten and still technically am one.

23. I was an RA in college for three years and it was a great experience! I met one of my best friends through the job :)

24. I used to drink coffee every single day since Freshman year of high school. Sometime in April I stopped wanting to drink it and haven't had any ever since!

25. I was the president of my high school's ecology club.


26. My absolute favorite color is purple! Almost everything I own is purple, including my engagement ring.

Question of the Day: What is a fun fact about you?

3 comments:

  1. After a trip to the dog park last week where on hand had completely white/yellow finger tips, I have self diagnosed myself with Reynaud's. Seriously that was not fun so I can't imagine having that all the time when getting cold!

    One fun fact about me is similar to yours actually. My first car was also a 1997 Ford but it was an expedition. It was a friend's car that my Dad bought and kept for my siblings and I when we started driving. When it finally died we realized it cost my dad about $0.97 a day to have it which is crazy for how much he paid and the little work he did to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reynaud's is apparently very common so you actually might have it! I finally went to a doctor last year for it, hoping that maybe it was fixable, but unfortunately it really isn't :/ Mine happens to me at such random times. Like my hands were cold but fine while scraping frost off my car this morning but will turn white within seconds of being in the frozen section of a grocery store haha.

      That is crazy to think about the cost per day for your car! Did it last through all your siblings? My brother ended up buying my car off me and then sold it to his friend about a year ago. I think he still has it, too!

      Delete
    2. Mine isn't that bad. It's more likely poor circulation honestly. But it was the weirdest thing last week! I even took a video and showed Alex when he got home lol.

      No it didn't. It lasted for my older brother and partially me. The brake line rotted through and it just wasn't worth fixing for us. That's crazy his friend might still have it!

      Delete