Monday, December 24, 2018

My Week in Pictures IV

Merry Christmas Eve!!! This past week was a busy one preparing for the coming week. We're having my family over tonight for Christmas Eve dinner and then going to John's aunt's house for Christmas dinner tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying our first Christmas in our new house! Before I start getting ready for our dinner, I'm sharing with you my week in pictures! This may or not be my last post of 2018. It'll depend on how this week goes for me. I'm hoping to unplug a bit and just relish in the peace and quiet :)


Monday started out with a cookie baking contest at work. I entered my chai sugar cookies with eggnog icing. I didn't win but people seemed to like them!


I made a point to wear a different penguin scarf AND penguin earrings each day. The students loved it!


My week started out with a nice 4 mile run. I really enjoyed the weather this week here in Jersey!


Dexter has been extra snuggly lately, probably due to the cooler weather. I love the way he curls up his feet while he sleeps!


I forgot my lunch at home on Wednesday which gave me an excuse to try out the new sushi place near work. Now I want to forget my lunch more often, haha.


I babysat Tommy on Wednesday night. He is just full of giggles and silliness!


Thursday was ugly sweater day at work! I personally thought it should've been Friday but that was Flannel Friday instead.


Extra cookie cake and fudge meant my coworkers got a treat! They were a hit in the faculty room!


One of my students is very talented and made me this scratch art penguin :)


Thursday was a bit rainy but I felt so motivated to run anyway. I forgot I had mascara on so thank goodness I looked in the mirror when I got home!


I finally got some wrapping done so I could make the tree look more festive. Notice that you don't see any ornaments... that's because Dexter destroys them so they're only on the middle of the tree where he can't reach.


The first day of winter on Friday didn't really feel like it...


My students entered a young writer's contest a few months back and we finally heard back from them on Friday! Some of our kids were chosen to have their writings in some sort of book!


The last day before winter break = movies all day!


My students spoiled me with some gifts!!


One of John's coworkers turned 30 so she invited us out ax throwing on Friday night with a group of other coworkers. It was actually pretty fun!



We also all went to dinner at a Hibachi place. My favorite!


I made sure to leave a small gift for our mail lady on Saturday. She left us a sweet Christmas card in return.


After a crazy night on Friday, John spent most of Saturday morning relaxing in bed with Dexter.


I used that time to wrap gifts while listening to Christmas music!


On Sunday I decided to go on a unknown distance long run. My goal was at least 5 miles and I surpassed that and ended at 8 miles. I mistakenly forgot to bring water because I really didn't think I'd go that far, so John dropped me off a bottle of water along the way!


I received my Pampered Chef snack bar maker yesterday so I just had to try it out. I made my own recipe which included rice square cereal, crushed pretzels, soy butter, honey, and unsweetened cocoa powder. I'm hoping they turn out good!



3 comments:

  1. Holy smokes- chai sugar cookies with eggnog icing?!?!? In my book those would win simply based on the name! your penguin scarf is stinking adorable! Dexter <3! What a little cuddle bug. That sushi looks ah-may-zing. SO many fun things in this post girl. Always love reading what you’re up to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These chai sugar cookies are simply amazing and so stinking easy to make too! It was definitely a busy yet fun week for me! I hope you're having a great holiday season, Mackenzie!

      Delete
  2. Great post! We do a fun Ugly Sweater race at www.virtualrunevents.com

    ReplyDelete