Friday, December 21, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Is it me or is it unbelievable that one, it's finally Friday, and two, Christmas is THIS Tuesday {cue my inner-child squeal}?! I'm both excited and stressed at the same time because I feel like my to-do list for the next few days in never ending! Luckily our weekend is pretty open {for now} so it will be spent preparing for Christmas Eve since we're hosting and finishing up any last minute wrapping. This is the first year in awhile that I've procrastinated a bit of our shopping and wrapping but I'm making it work. Today is my last day of work until January 2nd and I'm pretty pumped. Although it is going to be a wild day so send this teacher some good vibes! Before you go into your {hopefully} last work day before Christmas and this wild holiday weekend, read on to see what I've been loving this week!

1. Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
With this week being super busy, I resorted to a crock pot meal on Tuesday so we could have a quick, easy meal with some leftovers! I chose my go-to crock pot salsa chicken. You throw some frozen chicken breasts, a jar of salsa, a can of beans, and a can of corn all in a crock pot. Put it on low for 8 hours and BOOM! You have a tasty meal that can be eaten plain, over rice, or even in a tortilla! Add some sour cream and cheese when serving to add even more flavor. John and I have been picking up a black bean and corn salsa from Aldi to use in place of the salsa and beans and then we just add extra corn because we love it. You can really customize this meal! Also there is no photo because we ate it before I could think about it šŸ˜‚


2. Penguin Earrings
This time of year is the perfect time to break out all the Christmas themed earrings I have. My students have been loving the different earrings I've been wearing all week, especially the different penguin ones. Seriously, this is the only time of year it's {almost} acceptable for me to wear penguin earrings along with my penguin scarves without looking too crazy.


3. Homemade Gifts
One of my students surprised me with a handmade scarf as an early Christmas present. I almost cried at how sweet the gift was! The fact that she thought of me and took the time to hand-knit me a scarf is just the sweetest thing in the world. I wish I had the time to hand craft something for everyone that I went out and purchased a gift for. I may have to keep this in my next year and start early with Christmas gifts. I should also learn how to make something crafty while I'm added although fun fact, I do know how to crochet!


4. Twisted Peppermint Lotion
I got this lotion free at Bath & Body Works back in November and it's been a staple for me this whole month! Not only does the shea butter leave my hands super smooth, but the scent is to die for! The peppermint scent has a hint of butter cream to it and it leaves me wanting something sweet each time I use it! I put it on a lot during the day and my students always comment on how good it smells!


5. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Christmas Treasury for Kids
Okay, okay I know this says "for kids" but it's seriously the cutest book ever for the holiday season! I bought this many many years ago (hence it being "for kids") at a Scholastic Book Fair and love bringing it out each year to read. It has one story for each day from December 1st through Christmas. The idea is to read a story each day but I usually get so caught up in the short stories that I read a bunch all at once! I had forgotten about this book in the past few years but remembered about it while I was at my parent's this week so I brought it home. I am already almost through all the stories and it's funny how they still touch my heart even after reading them dozens of times!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

5 comments:

  1. The penguin earrings are so cute!! Also that is so kind of your student to make you a scarf for Christmas.

    Twister peppermint is probably my favorite of the holiday scents that Bath & Body Works puts out.

    This week I've been loving jalapenos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am still so amazed at the thoughtfulness of my one student!

      As of this morning, when I first tried winter candy apple hand soap that another student gave me, I am now torn between those two B&BW's scents being my favorite!

      I am such a wimp when it comes to spicy and could never handle eating jalapenos!

      Have a great Friday!!

      Delete
    2. I like winter candy apple but sometimes I think it can be a little too sweet smelling for lotion. It's good as a hand soap though!

      Delete
  2. SOO many fun things here, Em! I love anything Crockpot, but we've been traveling so much I haven't used it lately. Gonna have to try using it again. & Definitely gonna keep my eye out for the lotion, sounds like a wonderful scent. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hadn't been using it for awhile but now that we've started back up, I hope we can keep it up! Now I just need to find some more recipes!

      Delete