Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Happy happy Friday, everyone! This was one of the longest weeks ever and I’m so relieved that Friday is finally here. I’ve got a pretty relaxing schedule this weekend, including baking a ton of cookies with my mom and sister. I’m really looking forward to eating some yummy cookies :) In typical Friday fashion, here are 5 things I’ve been loving this week!


1. Asics Fleece-Lined Leggings
For the last couple years I've been on the hunt for the perfect pair of fleece-lined leggings for running. After some trial and error, I think I've finally found the perfect pair! I got them for an awesome price at the Asics outlet a few weeks ago. They fit perfectly (I struggle with finding the right tights that don't fall down around my waist), the fleece lining is keeps my legs warm, and they are thin enough that I don't feel too bulky. 


For my birthday on Sunday John really spoiled me! One of my gifts was a 26.2 Roman numeral necklace from Gone For a Run. I've had my eye on it after I saw someone I followed on Instragram wearing it in one of their pictures a couple years ago. I love Roman numerals and wearing something that reminds me that I can do anything, so it's a win-win in my book!


3. Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow. Cookbook
The second part of my birthday gift from John was Shalane and Elyse's second cookbook together. I'm a huge fan of their first cookbook, Run Fast. Eat Slow., so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. Although I haven't gotten a chance to actually try out any of the recipes yet, I've read through the whole book and put sticky notes on all the recipes that I want to try. Let me tell you, I may have used a whole pack of sticky notes because everything just looks SO GOOD! Along with all the great recipes, there are also some great tips throughout the book. Shalane and Elyse share meal planning tips, budgeting tips, exercises, stretches, and more. They also include some tips for making some of the recipes when you have a nut allergy (like me!) which is super helpful because we all know 90% (this is an estimate) of running related recipes include a nut in some form. Or maybe I just notice this more because I have an allergy?


4. Step Stool
I've always known I was a bit vertically challenged. This never really bothered me until I bought a house with a good amount of cabinets and shelves that are completely out of reach for me. John's parents surprised me with a step stool for my birthday because they knew how frustrated I was that a good portion of our cabinets were unusable due to the fact that I needed to stand on the counters to reach them. This may seem like a lame gift but I am so happy with it! It's a nicely made step stool that is light so that I can easily carry it around the house and folds up thin enough that I can store it easily. Though let's be honest, it will almost always be out and being used!


5. Tribe Dark Chocolate Hummus
I bought this on a whim Wednesday while grocery shopping with my mom and it’s safe to say I’m already OBSESSED! I’ve been eating it with animal crackers at lunch and it’s the perfect way to control my sweet tooth. It doesn’t even feel like I’m eating some healthy! I highly suggest this anyone who wants a sweet treat that is guilt free!

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

6 comments:

  1. Are the fleece leggings too warm? I want to try a pair out but I also feel like I may overheat haha. Zella leggings from Nordstrom are awesome and never fall down on me. Highly recommend trying them out!

    One thing I'm loving this week is black bean soup. So stinking delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had pairs in the past that have been super thick which not only made me feel bulky, but made me overheat. These are just the right thickness to keep me warm without making me too hot. My legs don't usually get too cold so I didn't want anything too think but they're perfect for when there is a lot of wind that can burn my legs. I need to go check out those Zella leggings! The more leggings the better lol.

      Your pictures of the black bean soup have been looking soo good! The tortilla chips on top must make it even better!

      Delete
    2. Good to know! I will definitely have to check these leggings out now for really cold days. Zella is really affordable too since Nordstrom has sales a bunch.

      The tortilla chips are basically oyster crackers for this soup and I love it!

      Delete
    3. Anything that I can add tortilla chips to is a winner in my book! I brought a taco salad to work the other day and left those at home. I was so annoyed/disappointed because then my salad was just so bland haha

      Delete
  2. All of these favorites are so fun to read- but I gottta say YESSS Amen to the dark chocolate hummus. I am convinced that dark chocolate hummus is maybe the greatest thing to happen in 2018 haha.

    This week I am loving The Great British Baking Show- oh man, is it ever a good one!!

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend baking up a storm, Em!!

    - Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I totally agree that dark chocolate hummus is the greatest thing to happen in 2018! I could eat it all day long.

      I've heard good things about that show. I'll need to check it out eventually!

      I definitely made a lot more cookies than I could ever eat so my coworkers are either going to love or hate me this week when I bring them all in :) Have a great week, Mackenzie!

      Delete