Friday, December 7, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Happy first Friday of December! Can you believe it's already here?! I have a pretty fun-filled weekend ahead of me as my birthday is on Sunday! Tonight we're going to dinner with John's parents to celebrate and then tomorrow just John and I are going to Philly to celebrate. I love going to the Christmas Village each year so that is our plan as long as the weather cooperates. On Sunday we are having both of our families over for dinner and cake, which I'm really looking forward to! Anywho, before I can get on with this eventful weekend, I'm here to share with you 5 things I've been loving this week!


1. Milk Frother
I'm not 100% sure if that is a word but oh well! At IKEA last week I came across a super reasonably priced milk frother so I can make all of my drinks just a little bit more ~fancy~. I used it on Sunday because I was just dying to try it out. Wow does it really work! I poured a little bit of milk into a glass, turned the frother on (it's battery powered), and stuck it in the milk. Within seconds, the milk tripled in size to a nice frothy consistency. I then topped my hot chocolate with it and it was DELISH!

2. The Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women by Dawn Dais
I know I'm obviously not a "nonrunner" but I've had this book on my shelf for awhile now and I finally decided to start reading it. It's probably one of the funniest running books I've read in awhile. I'm not finished yet, but so far the author is writing about her experience of deciding to run a marathon and her training for that. She's absolutely hilarious with the stories she tells! She refers to her running friend as "Chipper Jen" (whose qualities somewhat mirror mine..oops) and describes her feelings of each run in the funniest way possible.


3. Blueberry Sugar Candle
As you may know from my last Week in Pictures post, I recently acquired an abundance of candles from Bath and Body Works. Out of all the ones I bought, the Blueberry Sugar one is my number one favorite! It has such a nice, sweet scent without being too overbearing. Although the image on the candle makes you believe it is strictly a holiday candle, you can bet that I'll be burning this candle year round!


4. Christmas Kitchen Towels
My house is slowly becoming the winter wonderland that I have always wanted with the help of just the smallest details. On Black Friday I got the best deal on some cute Christmas themed kitchen towels. My favorite is pictured above! It's crazy how a simple dish towel can make my kitchen feel just a bit more festive.


5. Santa Hat Chair Covers
To go along with my winter wonderland feel, I've added Santa hat chair covers to my dining room! My grandparents bought them for me at I believe Christmas Tree Shops over the weekend and they are just the sweetest things! I was so excited to put them on my chairs and did so during my decorating extravaganza in the beginning of the week. If you're looking for a way to spice up a room in your house, these are a simple way to do so!

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. The Santa hat covers are so cute!! I would say I need to make a trip to IKEA for the frother but I also know I'll buy things I don't need haha.

    This week I've been loving Mateo's salsa. I have no shame in saying I planned two dinners solely so I could use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKEA is a dangerous place haha. I definitely need to find somewhere around me that sells that salsa. I need some good salsa in my life!

      Delete
    2. The website has a where to buy section, you should try it out!

      Delete