Monday, December 10, 2018

My Week in Pictures II

As much as this was a crazy busy week, it was mostly filled with conferences, food, and {some} sleep. The weekend was when it got exciting! My birthday was yesterday so the whole weekend pretty much turned into one big birthday celebration. Continue on to see what I did {and ate}.. I'm beginning to think this should be "My Week in Food" haha.


I somehow ended up with 30 eggs in my fridge so I made an attempt to make egg salad. It actually turned out pretty good for my first time!


On Tuesday we made a calendar of just Dexter pictures for John's parents. He wanted to help!


A half day on Tuesday meant I could go on a lunch date to Chick-Fil-A with this cutie and my mom. He also got to share his big news with the world that he is going to be a big brother!


John made the biggest batch of friend rice I've ever seen!


Thursday night was John's work holiday party at the aquarium. The food and company was amazing!
There was even an ice cream sundae bar but I ate mine before snapping a pic :)


The dinner was hosted in a ballroom with a big tank full of sharks.


Friday was pajama day at work. I wore my elephant pants my friend Rachel brought me from Kenya.


On Friday night John's parents took us to Maggiano's to celebrate my birthday. So yummy! Also, the waitress thought it was my 21st birthday and I went with it...


Did I mention how sweet the waitress was? First she thought I was 5 years younger and then a cute note!


The greatest, most practical gift from John's parents. Now I can get into my highest cabinets without standing on counters! #shortgirlproblems


Saturday morning snuggles with Dexter.


John and I have a tradition of going to the Christmas Village at Love Park for my birthday. Boy was it crowded and COLD!


Being in Philly makes me think about the marathon :)


We may or may not have waited 45+ minutes for melted cheese...


So. Worth. It!


My birthday morning started with a Sharky's French toast bagel and tea in bed along with presents!


I got in a nice 2.6 mile run for my 26th birthday :)


After a trip to Home Goods and Walmart, we finally found the right stockings. Dexter helped John hang them up!


I got my birthday Starbucks chai tea latte and took an obligatory tree photo with it.


The candles really lit up the room! 24 candles meant we had to light 2 more plus 1 for good luck after I blew out the original 24.


I ended the weekend with dinner and cake with my whole family! :)


Question of the Day: What was something fun you did this past week?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend! I wish I knew Philly had a little Christmas market earlier. It's going to be so packed now that I probably won't enjoy it lol I'm not big on crowds.

    Happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice market but definitely crowded on Saturday's! I've gone in the past and I think it gets more crowded each year. I was so annoyed with all the crowds when we went. I felt like I was just being pushed along the whole time.

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
    2. Alex and I went to a Christmas market in Chicago on December 23rd last year. It was PACKED. I'm totally writing down to go to this one early in the season next year!

      Delete