Monday, December 17, 2018

My Week in Pictures III

Is it me, or do the weeks before Christmas feel like they are both speeding by and dragging on both at the same time? I'm both surprised and relieved that the last work week before Christmas is finally here! I have just four and half long days that stand between me and 11 days off from work. Not that I'm counting... To start off this week, I'm sharing with you what I did in the last week, in picture form! Have a great week :)


John and I started off the work week with a spontaneous date to Chili's. We've had a gift card for there and finally decided to go use it so it was basically a free night out for us.


We hung up with wreath my aunt gifted to us and it really makes our front porch/patio/whatever it's call look festive!


I spent Tuesday night reading through my new cook book. I've already put sticky tabs on so many recipes I want to try!


I finally found romaine at my local grocery store and was excited to have a salad for lunch on Wednesday!


I squeezed in a quick mile on Wednesday before going grocery shopping with my mom for the baking items we needed for Saturday's baking extravaganza.


Friday was holiday socks day at work so I wore the candy cane leg warmers I bought a few years ago for a Christmas themed 5k. They were actually super warm all day and I'm wondering why the leg warmer trend died out...


All the teachers at my school were gifted with $30 towards the Scholastic book fair. I spent my whole lunch picking out some good books to read and then share with my students!


John and I were ready for bed super early on Friday night (as we are most nights) so I suggested we go look at Christmas lights as opposed to going to bed at 7:30 pm on a Friday night. We saw some cute houses!

Saturday was cookie baking day and we started bright and early!


Tommy had a blast helping us! He believes that all cookies should have sprinkles and I 100% support that!

My mom and I made the pizzelles using my mom-mom's pizzelle iron she used to always use to make them for us on Christmas Eve.


They didn't turn out half bad!


Tommy's cookies vs. our cookies.


A Saturday spent cookie baking and getting nephew snuggles is a pretty solid Saturday in my book!


I finally got my marathon finisher quarter zip and decided to take a picture first thing Sunday morning because I was so pumped for it!


I went on a relaxing, scenic run on Sunday morning before the rain started back up.


I didn't look at my watch at all during my run (it was covered up by my jacket) and just ran the pace my body wanted me to. It felt great!


My Sunday afternoon was spent at my co-worker's Pampered Chef party. I ordered my own granola bar mold so maybe mine will look a bit nicer when I make them!


My weekend ended with decorating my chai sugar cookies with an eggnog icing for my school's cookie bake off tomorrow. I'm going to be sick of Christmas cookies soon enough...



Question of the Day: What's something fun you did in the past week?

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found romaine!! A salad was my lunch yesterday and romaine has never tasted so good haha.

    A chai sugar cookie? Wanna text me that recipe :)

    I baked some cookies yesterday and it was so much fun! I made less than half the dough and had a giant tray of cookies for my office today haha. Safe to say I won't be baking the second half until closer to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pumped to get romaine, it was kinda sad haha. I just don't like other lettuce, like spring mixes.

      We made so many different cookies and now I just have so many containers sitting on my counter. My coworkers are going to hate me this week because I'm bringing them all in to get them out of my way! We bake them for gifts but for some reason the dough just made so many this year! What kind of cookies did you make?

      Delete
    2. I don't mind other lettuces but they aren't something I constantly buy.

      If your coworkers are anything like mine they won't complain. The email I sent out telling people there were cookies got so many replies right away haha. I made a family sugar cookie recipe. I managed to make two uneven balls of dough so I baked the smaller on and got so many cookies. It's going to be scary to see how many the other ball makes!

      Delete
    3. It's crazy how many cookies you can get out of the dough you make! I'm just going to drop a platter in the faculty room one day this week and I'm sure they'll be gone by the end of the day :)

      Delete
  2. Yesss I totally know what you mean about this week both speeding by too quickly yet dragging!! 100%! The wreath & front door look so pretty & festive! Yay for no more contaminated Romaine!! Those leg warmers are adorable. Your cookies look so wonderful & scrumptious. Mmmm mm!Thanks for sharing girl This past week has just been a bunch of errands I feel like- but I’ve had fun watching The Great British Baking show on Netflix. My new addiction!

    - Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Mackenzie! I agree on doing so many errands! I feel like I've been out and about the past couple weeks. Definitely looking forward to some relaxing over the holiday break :) I may have to binge on some of The Great British Baking show in the next week or so! Something about baking shows makes it feel a bit more festive!

      Delete