Friday, March 1, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Oh man, I wasn't sure Friday was ever going to get here. Each day this week felt like it was extremely long, to the point where I woke up each morning and had to check my watch to confirm the day. We, made it, though, guys! I have a pretty exciting weekend ahead of me. Today happens to be my grandparent's 50 year wedding anniversary! This weekend will be all about celebrating them which will be wonderful. I'll give more details on that in Monday's post :) For now, enjoy my Friday Five!


As you may have read in my Week in Pictures post on Monday, I tried the new cookie dough ice cream at Cold Stone on Saturday. More specifically, I got the "Somewhere Over the Rain-dough" creation. It was the classic cookie dough ice cream with frosting, rainbow sprinkles, and sugar crystals mixed in. It is said to taste like sugar cookie dough and it's 100% true! The sugar crystals give it that sugar cookie dough-like goodness!


I received Suave Dry Spray in a recent Influenster Vox Box just in time because I was just finishing up a stick of deodorant. I had never tried a dry spray deodorant but I figured it was worth a shot. It's been a couple weeks since I've been using it and I'm happy to report that I actually like it! My favorite part of this particular type of deodorant is that it becomes dry the instant you spray it on so there isn't much of a chance of getting deodorant marks on your shirt! Note: I received the powder scent, which wouldn't have been my choice, but it's still good! They also sell Suave Dry Spray in wild cherry blossom and coconut kiss. I would've definitely picked coconut kiss!


You may laugh at this choice for my Friday Five but hear me out! I bought Purex Baby for two reasons. 1. I needed it to wash my more delicate clothing items and 2. I had a great coupon deal for it. I used it a couple weeks ago to wash a load of delicate clothes and was amazed at how gosh darn wonderful it smells! It has a light scent that doesn't overpower. I've actually started to wash my blankets and anything else that I use a lot in this detergent so I can enjoy the scent all day!


4. Slipper Socks
It's been pretty chilly lately and for those who know me, you know that I'm already always cold as it is. I got a couple cute pairs of slipper socks for Christmas which have become my go-to footwear for around the house when I'm feeling cold. They're soft and warm like typical fuzzy socks but have grips on the bottom so I don't slip. I don't own actual slippers but these work just as well!

Source 
One item on my 2019 to do list is to complete one 30-day challenge. When I saw Carlee McDot posted about the FOUR 30-day challenges she was taking on for the month of March, I knew this was my sign. Carlee is taking part in four different 30-day challenges that target four different work outs: push-ups, crunches, squats, planks. I know myself pretty well, which means I know four challenges at once is not really doable for me. Instead, I've decided to try completing the push-up and crunches 3-day challenges. My arms and core have been my focus lately so I think these will help me out!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

5 comments:

  1. Alex was just talking about doing a 30 day pushup challenge! I'll have to check out this challenge and show him the push up portion.

    I don't typically use spray deodorant but when my friends and I would go to a country music festival, a girl would bring a small on in her bag so we could all get a refresh throughout the night if we needed it. So convenient!

    Something I'm loving this week is my weighted blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the worst at pushups so I am hoping this helps me out! I never realized how convenient spray deodorant could be! My mom made little bathroom baskets for my sister's wedding and put that in there. I thought it was such a smart idea for those who want to freshen up throughout the night and obviously don't want to share or pack their own stick of deodorant.

      Your weighted blanket seems so nice! How sweet of Alex to get you that :)

      Delete
    2. Okay I would never have thought to bring spray deodorant to my wedding but I'm totally filing that away for the big day.

      I'm such a fan and so glad he got it. It was totally one of those things I wanted but wouldn't have actually splurged it on myself.

      Delete
  2. AWW happy anniversary to your Grandparents- 50 years- so precious!!! I have never had the over the rain-dough from coldstone, but I haveee to- those ingredients all together sounds like the ultimate dessert!! Plus I have a giftcard I’ve gotta use! Ooohhh I don’t think I’ve ever tried a spray deodorant – good to know it works so well! I love how it doesn’t leave residue too! I have been wanting to chance up our laundry detergent so thank you for sharing that. And oh my gosh- those socks!! LOVEEEEE . I wear fuzzy socks 24-7 at home, and those are too cute. Ooohhh that 30-day challenge looks great. Thanks for sharing, girl !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! We had a giftcard too so it made going there even better! Fuzzy socks are the best to wear all the time! And they're always so cute! I'm on day 4 of the challenge and I'm already wondering how I'll get to day 30 but I am determined to! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete