Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

TGIF! Actually, this week seemed to fly by so I can't complain. Maybe that's because I took a sick day on Wednesday, which I spent the majority of sleeping/watching TV in bed. Tonight we are going to dinner at his parents and then tomorrow John is running a 5K with me! I'm pretty pumped that it's our first race of 2019, but it feels so strange to run such a short distance for a race. It's been a looong time since I've done a 5K. I hope everyone has a fun weekend planned! Keep reading to see what 5 things I've been loving this week!


1. Nuun Rest
I finally got my hands on some Nuun Rest and it does not disappoint! To start, both flavors {Blackberry Vanilla and Lemon Chamomile} are delicious. I'm not even sure I could pick a favorite. I've had a glass of Nuun Rest almost every night since I've received it and I definitely feel a difference in the way it relaxes my body. It almost feels like it is calming me down, allowing me to fall asleep quicker than usual. After reading up on the info sent to us Nuun Ambassadors, I learned it contains magnesium, tart cherry, sodium, and potassium which supports the body's natural relaxation responses by calming the mind and relaxing the body, reducwa inflammation and muscle soreness, aids in fluid and nutrient retention, promotes muscle relaxation, and prevents cramping. I'd have to say this is true!

2. Tzatziki Sauce + Pretzel Crisps
While throwing my lunch together one day this week, I had the idea to pack tzatziki sauce instead of hummus to dip my pretzels in. What a great decision it was because the two flavors together is delicious! The crisp cucumber flavor cuts the saltiness of the pretzels and just has a great taste!


3. Pineapple
My mom somehow ended up with a ton of pineapples and as always, offered some to me! While I was over on Sunday, I used her fancy pineapple cover remover/sliced thing  and brought myself home two containers full of fresh pineapple slices. They have been a delicious addition to my lunch this week as my go-tos lately have just been apples and clementines. 


4. Pita Chips
I bought some pita bread for lunches this week so I could make chicken gyros. I got an idea the other night to try making my own pita chips in the air fryer and they turned out sooo tasty! After some internet searching, I ended up cutting the pita bread up with a pizza cutter, brushing them with a tad of olive oil and sprinkling on some Himalayan salt, preheating the air fryer to 360 and popping them in for 10 minutes, shaking the basket twice during the 10 mins. While they were super good, they were a bit too crispy so later I tried it for about 5-7 minutes and they were even better. I highly recommend!

5. Earrings
For years now, I’ve been pretty set on wearing the same earrings every day, without worrying about changing them (read: I’m lazy). Last year for my birthday John even bought me amethyst earrings that were real silver so they wouldn’t turn my ears green after awhile. Ever since I switched up my earrings for a party a couple weeks ago, I’ve been loving changing my earrings each day to dress up my outfit. I’m not one to get super dressy for work so the earrings help me feel a bit fancier. 

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

4 comments:

  1. I love pineapple!! I just never buy it since I'm horrible at cutting it and can't tell if it's a good one or not. But now the container you have looks so good that I may have to test out my skills again lol.

    One thing I'm loving this week is pub mix! I got it at Costco and I'm loving but regretting the decision since I can't stop snacking on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could ever cut a pineapple without the little tool my mom has! I would totally butcher it haha.

      Yumm pub mix always looks so good but so dangerous! I love/hate snacks like that lol

      Delete
  2. Yay for FF! Also yay for tzatziki! With pretzel crisps is such a great combo- I need to restock! Oh my gosh you made those pita chips?! They looks awesome!! I totally thought they were TJ’s multigrain pita chips when I saw them. I have GOT to get an air fryer. Thanks for sharing, Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly didn't expect my pita chips to turn out that good but they taste store bought! I impressed myself lol. I love my air fryer! It just can do so much!

      Delete