Monday, March 11, 2019

My Week in Pictures XII

Is it me, or does this time change throw you off? I felt like between the rain and losing an hour of sleep, a majority of my Sunday was spent in bed! Now it's Monday and I have to wake myself up to get through another long week. Before we get this show on the road, let's look back at my week last week through the {not so many} pictures I took!

On Monday night I made John pasta for dinner complete with sauce and parm cheese!


During 9th period on Tuesday, my mom sent a group text to my siblings and I to let us know that my Pop Pop was being taking to the ER. There was a possibility it was a stroke but after tests, it showed his ammonia levels were extremely high. He has problems with his liver so it all makes sense. I rushed out of school to go see him, completely forgetting that one of my students had braided my hair...


I was at the ER pretty late on Tuesday night, so I opted to stop for a Wawa sizzli on my way to work Wednesday morning.


My Pop Pop was still in the hospital come Thursday night so John, my brother, and I went to keep him company for awhile. Somehow we ended up going to Don Pablo's for dinner where the waitress treated us to a free dessert :)

I had to do a small group test in my office on Friday. When I went back later for my prep, I saw my students had left me a cute note on my Boogie Board!


My brother and I ran to Walmart for a few things and this is what we found in the parking lot... So many carts! It was kinda eery feeling.


After a 6 mile run on Saturday, John and I got our first Rita's of the year!


Saturday night was waffle night with John, my sister, her husband, my nephew, and my brother. We had both sweet and savory options! We even made brownies in the waffle iron for dinner!


A typical Sunday morning with Dexter...


I love when John and my brother join me on a run!


We had some spare time before meeting family for dinner, so I did a little bit of shopping at Christmas Tree Shops. I was pretty pumped that out of the 3 cat themed hand towels they had left, one was an H!


We met up with my family for dinner at the diner I used to work at out of high school. I got shrimp and scallops with a lemon butter sauce. Mhmmm!



Question of the Day: What is your favorite topping for a waffle?

5 comments:

  1. Minus your Pop-Pop being in the hospital, it seems like you had a good week. It drives me nuts when people leave carts in the parking lot! I feel so bad for whoever has to round them all up.

    Hm my favorite topping for a waffle might be peanut butter and banana. But honestly waffles are good with anything on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother and I were completely shocked when we got out of our cars and saw all the carts. It blew our minds that that many people took the time to push them up on the little island area, but couldn't put them away.

      You're so right about waffles being good with anything on them! Peanut butter and banana would probably be one of my top choices, too!

      Delete
    2. It makes me so mad when people do that. Unless you physically can't bring it back or have a screaming young child, don't be lazy and walk it to the corral area.

      Delete
  2. Girl, YES, the time change throws me off a TON. I am still in recovery from it!

    Ok, That pasta dinner looks just delectable as can be! YUM!

    I’m so sorry about your Pop-Pop- I’m sure that’s so stressful. :( How is he doing now?

    That note your student left is adorable!

    Yay for Rita’s!!

    Okay shrimps & scallops in lemon butter sauce sounds like a true DREAM. Thanks for sharing, Em!

    - Favorite waffle topping- hmmm just lots of syrup & butter!! Maybe chocolate chips!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only positive about the time change is that it's light out later so it makes me feel more productive! My Pop-Pop is doing better now! He is home and back to his old ways haha. I had the leftovers from the shrimp & scallop pasta yesterday for lunch and ohhh myy was it even better leftover. I always forget to add chocolate chips to my waffles. Sooooo gooood!

      Delete