Friday, March 15, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

What a week this has been! Daylight savings really kicked my butt each morning but then I made up for it by being super productive at night. This week actually flew by for me which I was a-okay with! Tonight I am going for a good tasting at my wedding venue {yummmm} and then tomorrow I have a first birthday party for John's cousin's baby. It should be a good weekend! Before that happens, though, read on for my Friday Five!


1. Irish Potatoes
St. Patrick's Day seemed to sneak up on me this year! I'm not Irish, but I still enjoy wearing green and putting up my little shamrock door decoration. I also reallllly enjoy eating Irish potato balls/candy {everyone has a different name for them}! If you've never heard of them, Irish potatoes are a concoction of coconut, powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. These ingredients are mixed up, rolled into balls, and then coated in cinnamon. Delish! On Tuesday, a student surprised me with a bag of them. Needless to say, they didn't last very long. On Thursday, my sister and I made a couple batches using the recipe my mom has always used. Sooo tasty!

If you've never heard of Informed Delivery, you need to listen up! Informed Delivery is an account you set up through the Post Office that let's you see what mail you should be receiving each day. In the morning, all the mail is scanned, so you will receive photos of the outside of the envelope. This has been great for John and I as we are able to see what we'll be getting that day and also know if we are missing something. It's also nice to know if there is even any mail in our mailbox without needing to run across the street to check our mailbox!


3. Ello Mug
I got this mug at Target a few weeks back for a steal of $3 and I've been loving it ever since! Ceramic mugs are my favorite so to find one with a travel lid is a win-win! I like to use it at work because I can bring it to class as a travel mug but then at my desk take the lid off and it's a regular mug.


4. Bigelow Green Chai Tea
I picked this tea up at Christmas Tree Shops over the weekend because the idea of my two favorite teas together sounded too good to be true. I've got to say, it's pretty dang tasty! The tea has the mellow taste of green tea with a little kick of chai spice. It's been my little afternoon pick me up all week because it has just enough caffeine to wake me up, but not too much that it keeps me up all night.


5. New Boots
While at a mall last week with my friend, I found these boots for only $15! I have never been able to find nice, high boots that fit my wider calves and for such a cheap price. I've been getting my money's worth wearing them lately and I'm really loving them!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?
Have you ever tried an Irish potato ball/candy? If so, do you like them?

6 comments:

  1. I'm Irish and I have never heard of Irish potato ball/candy. That's so odd to me haha. Give me normal potatoes to celebrate my heritage ;)

    Alex and I are so bad at checking the mail we probably do it twice a week. Half of it seems to be junk anyways so it ends up in the recycling bin anyways.

    This week I've been loving the oatmeal cookie Halo Top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even Irish and I make them haha you'll have to try them one day! Do you like coconut?

      Informed Delivery has been nice because then I know if I actually want to walk to the mailbox or not. We are always getting mail for the people who used to live in our house and ads. Super annoying!

      I'm guessing the ice cream was good then! I may have to try it soon now that it's getting warm out!

      Delete
    2. I don't like coconut so I wouldn't like them haha. Even so, I've been to countless St. Patrick's Day parties and parades and have never seen those out.

      We get mail from the old owner of our rental and it immediately goes into the trash. All of our bills are paperless so it's usually just us asking each other when the last time we checked the mail was. Usually it was a while ago so one of us will go and it saves us from constantly checking since we're lazy lol.

      Delete
    3. You wouldn't like these then lol. I am so lazy with the mail too especially since I know there really shouldn't be anything in there!

      Delete
  2. I really struggled this time around with the time change too!! Hopefully this coming week we will be back in the swing of things. Oh, yum!! Those irish potatoes sound and look wonderful!! I can’t believe I have never heard of them… but sound like a great way to celebrate St. Paddy’s! Informed delivery sounds like a great service- & like it would help prevent theft (or identify it) quickly. Love that mug- and only $3?! What a steal!Mmm green chai tea?! That’s my two favorite types of tea combined! I’ll be on the lookout for that. & those boots are SO cute!! Perfect for so many different situations. Thanks for sharing, Em :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irish potatoes are sooo tasty! Informed Delivery has been so helpful for us. It made us aware that we were missing some mail on day. The green chai tea is perfect, I've been really loving it!

      Delete