Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

Happy, happy Friday, everyone! As crazy as this week was, it really flew by! And as if 2019 couldn’t get crazy enough, my Pop Pop has been in the hospital since Tuesday. We don’t really have any answers but he definitely is much better than he was on Tuesday! I don’t have much planned for the weekend besides a staff bowling party today after work. After a crazy week, I’m looking forward to some relaxation! Anywho, enjoy my Friday Five!


1. Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift
This was one of my Influenster goodies a while back that I've been using a lot lately. It's an active, cooling cream-gel that is supposed to energize skin to minimize puffiness and dark circles under your eyes. The Stress Positive Eye Lift is super quick and easy to use and has been leaving the area around my eyes looking more vibrant. With how tired I've been lately, it's been such a life saver. Just like other Influenster goodies, I always look up the actual cost just in case I fall in love with an item and want to buy it in the future. This wonderful product costs a whopping $68 so it'll require some thinking if it's worth it or not for me.

2. Strawberries
My grandmom sent me over two huge containers of strawberries over the weekend and boy was I thankful! I don't typically buy berries this time of year due to cost but I couldn't pass up free strawberries! I cut them all up right away. some I put in my berry keeper to keep them fresh a little longer, some I froze for later, and some I may have eaten as I cut them up... They've been such a nice treat all week!


Carlee McDot shared this in one of her Friday Favorites a couple months ago {maybe even over a year ago!}. I had completely forgotten about it until I started cleaning out a couple old make up bags I had from back when I actually attempted to do make up. I came across a couple old mascara tubes that I was about to just toss when I remembered I could clean and save the wands to mail away to Wands for Wildlife. Wands for Wildlife uses your old {CLEAN!} mascara wands to remove fly eggs and larva from the fur of wild animals. Reusing items AND helping animals? Talk about a win-win!


This was a Christmas present from John this past year and so far I'm loving it! If I haven't said it before then I'll say it again, I'm super lazy when it comes to getting ready. I never blow dry my hair because I have absolutely no patience and I can't hold both the blow dryer and a brush at the same time. Well, when a friend told me about this brush that also blow dries your hair, I was SOLD! It's the perfect item for me because it's quick and easy. Now I don't have to go out with wet hair! I used it on Saturday before my grandparent's party and it gave me hair such a nice look!


While getting ready Saturday, I decided I wanted to switch up my typical amethyst earrings and wear something with a bit more pizzazz. While perusing through my earring collection {I have so many that I need to start wearing!}, I came across these silver ball stud earrings with a matte look to them. The pair I linked above is not the exact pair I own because I honestly have no clue where they are from, but they look close enough! I've been wearing them a lot this week because they stand out without being too obnoxious or heavy on my ears.

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

6 comments:

  1. I keep debating if I want to buy that Revlon hair tool. It's so fun to straighten my hair but sometimes it doesn't look right so I feel like the tool would be the perfect first step and then the straighten for any pieces I may have missed.

    Those earring are so cute! I love simple but fun earring since it adds a little something extra to an outfit.

    One thing I'm loving this week is a new to me podcast called Root of Evil. It's based on a TNT mini series that's a true story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked for it for Christmas after a coworker was raving about it. It really works great! I don't have curly hair but it is a bit wavy and this does help straighten it up a bit.

      I've been wearing these earrings all week with all my simple outfits because it adds a bit of fun to it!

      I may have to check out that podcast! I've been hooked on podcasts while running lately. Listening to other people talks is so distracting for me and keeps me moving!

      Delete
    2. I've watched so many reviews of people using the tool and now I just have to pull the trigger and buy it.

      This one is good and will definitely keep you moving.

      Delete
    3. I may be wrong, but I think they might sell it at Bed, Bath, & Beyond so you can use a coupon!

      Delete
  2. I’m so sorry about your Pop Pop… I am glad to hear everything is looking okay, but I’ll still be praying it continues that way ! Hope you have fun at the bowling party too. I’m always looking for a good eye product!

    Fresh strawberries like that sound delicious!

    Ohhh I just heard about wand for wildlife a couple days ago!! Such a cool concept.

    What pretty earrings too- thanks for sharing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Mackenzie! Have a great weekend!

      Delete