Wednesday, July 31, 2019

2019 Goals: July Update

The end of July pretty much signifies the end of summer being near but I’m not terribly upset about it because that means my wedding is closer! As of today, my wedding is 9 days away! We have pretty much everything together so now I’m just attempting to relax until the day gets here. In other news, the end of the month also means I need to post an update about my 2019 goals. Read on to see how they’re going!


Goal 1: Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
July was a great month for working out and eating healthy for me! I was part of a weight loss challenge at my gym {I pretty much did it for the free workout classes and personal training. I did not expect to lose much weight} so I pushed myself to get myself to workout classes and personal training sessions. My trainer helped me figure out my nutrition and for the past month I have been focusing on tracking calories instead of Weight Watcher points. It has definitely changed up my eating game which has been nice.


Goal 2: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
I taught arts and crafts at a camp this summer and tried my best to come up with crafts that used recycled items. We used toilet paper tubes to make firework paintings, I encouraged kids to use scraps of construction paper left over from other crafts, and saved any plastic containers I had {cottage cheese tubs, yogurt cups, etc.} for supply storage and water cups.

Goal 3: Reduce Phone Usage
This was pretty easy this past month because the place I worked had terrible cell service, so even on my breaks I wasn't really playing with my phone. 


Goal 4: Try New Recipes
Thanks to my trainer, I switched up my eating habits which means new foods! I've been loving cooking sweet potatoes and chicken for the week. I know that isn't a new recipe but it's something new to me recently. John and I discovered the simplicity of making burrito bowls in our Instant Pot and it has been life changing! All we do is throw uncooked rice, a can of corn, can of black beans, and some salsa in there, cook it up, and TA-DA! Dinner! We usually make burrito bowls with this or put it on tortillas. We tried it once with chicken but both agreed it was better without it.

Goal 5: Give Back
This is a goal that didn't get as much attention the past few months. I am currently brainstorming things I can do!

Goal 6: Save Money
I'll have to admit, we haven't done the best with saving money this past month with all the wedding purchases we've been making. We are pretty exciting, though, that we stayed under budget for our wedding! That counts, right?!

Question of the Day: How are your 2019 goals coming along? Have you completed anything on your 19 in 2019 list, if you made one?

No comments:

Post a Comment