Friday, July 12, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday everyone! I’m switching things up this week and instead of a Friday Five, I’m doing my Friday Favorites. With all the craziness coming up in the next month or so, coming up with 5 things each week can be a bit much sometimes so I figured I’d switch to Friday Favorites for awhile to keep the blogging going. We have a busy weekend of wedding planning to do as it’s pretty much our last free weekend before the weekend before the wedding. I’m hoping to cross a lot off our list and start to feel a bit more relaxed! I hope you all have a good weekend planned :)


Travel Size Toiletries
Fun fact: I love miniature sized items! Growing up, I was loved miniature dolls, especially the old school Polly Pockets, always took the tiny soaps and shampoos from hotels because I thought they were too cute, and collected miniatures. While in CVS the other day, I figured I’d peruse the travel sizes toiletries to see if they had anything I’d need for my beach trip this weekend and/or the honeymoon. I was ecstatic when I came across the travel sized version of the face wash I’ve used for years. I picked it up to have for trips since usually I just pack the whole big bottle. It had been awhile since I’d shopped for travel sized items and I completely forgot how cute I always find them. 


Vaseline Lip Balm with Cocoa Butter
I’ve been having trouble with dry, peeling lips the past few months and hardly anything was helping. My mother-in-law suggested this Vaseline lip balm that comes in a small metal tin as a way of keeping my lips moisturized throughout the day. She made a good point that maybe the lip balm I was using was what was causing the dryness. I finally found it while in CVS earlier in the week and am happy to say it has made a HUGE difference! The mix of Vaseline and cocoa butter leaves my lips feeling soft all day and so far no peeling!

Finding a pair of shorts that aren’t too short or too long while also being comfortable is nearly impossible. While at the mall with my friend last weekend, we decided to try on some shorts. I grabbed a couple pairs that looked cute, including these Arizona midi shorts, and ended up falling in love with them! They have a 4.5 inch inseam which makes them long enough to prevent chafing, but not too long where they look like Bermuda shorts. I’m tempted to go back and buy a few more pairs to replace all my way too short pairs I have!

Personal Training
I never thought I’d say this, but I actually enjoy my personal training sessions! John has been doing personal training for awhile now and convinced me to join the weight loss challenge at our gym which includes some personal training sessions. I’ve had 2 so far and I actually think I work better having somebody telling me what to do and helping me through the workout. I feel much more accountable now!


Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


3 comments:

  1. I love getting the little reusable travel containers. Then I can take my own products with instead of just buying the travel size of whatever is available. The face wash is super cute in the mini version though! That's awesome you're able to get some personal training sessions from your gym!

    This week I've been loving my impulsive spicy chicken sausage from Costco this week. It's such an easy protein source at breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pick up some of those because all the travel size items can be pricey! I just had to get the face wash cause it was adorable lol.

    That sausage sounds yummy! I used to get a chicken sausage that was so good and loved having it with breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel size is so pricey! It's crazy how expensive it can be.

      It's delicious. I've been making breakfast tacos this week and loving it.

      Delete