Monday, July 8, 2019

My Week in Pictures XXVIII

Happy Monday! I had a fun, relaxing weekend so I feel energized and ready to start my 3rd week of camp which means we have 3 full weeks left {not that I'm counting...}. This past week was fun, yet busy thanks to the holiday falling on a Thursday. We did lots of fun stuff, so follow along to check out what I was up :)

On Tuesday my kids made bracelets in arts and crafts so I joined in and made a bracelet with my soon-to-be new initials on it.


That afternoon I attempted to do some wedding work and Dexter decided he needed to help me out...


We went on our first field trip on Wednesday to the Franklin Institute! The kids had a blast and were excited to see the Marvel exhibit.


My brother and I spontaneously signed up for a 4 mile race on the 4th of July so I went to pick up our bibs and t-shirts Wednesday after work.


From there I headed to the gym to hop on the elliptical for a bit.


Since my brother was staying the night for the race, we planned on making steaks for dinner. I failed to defrost them so we ended up getting all you can eat sushi instead!


The Pitman Freedom 4 miler was a blast! I'll post more about it in a recap this week :)


We ended up getting donuts after because why not! They were from an amazing bakery in Pitman and worth every bite!


Later that day we spent some time relaxing at the pool at John's parent's house.


We finished off the night at my sister's 4th of July party! My nephew and I played hard most of the night.


I managed to sneak in some Joey snuggles while Tommy was busy.


Although he found out soon enough and was NOT happy about sharing his Auntie Em..


John made a delicious peach cobbler in the Instant Pot that tasted a lot better than it looked!


We then sat back and watched some little fire works my brother-in-law set off for us.


Back at work on Friday we made toilet paper roll fire works.


Right after work, we drove down to Wildwood Crest to begin out fun weekend with our friends who rented a hotel room down there.


Since it was too late for the beach at this point, we headed onto the boardwalk where John and his friends threw some hatchets.


We also got the most delicious pizza for dinner at Sam's!


I started off Saturday morning with a quick 3 mile run along the bike path next to the beach.



After some breakfast, we all headed to the beach. I worked on my wedding tan, played in the water, and had sand sticking to me all over.


That night, Kristina curled my hair before we went out. I got pretty tan if you couldn't tell.


First stop was Willow Creek Winery for some sangria and apps!


This pretzel was SOO good!

The Asiago bruschetta was perfect for a summer evening!


We had to leave Sunday but John and I took a walk on the boardwalk one last time before we left. We also took a group picture before we split off.




We were exhausted by time we got home, so we took a nap. Once we woke up, we felt better and decided to join my sister, brother-in-law, and nephews for fireworks!


Question of the Day: How did you celebrate the 4th of July?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy but fun week! The holiday being on Thursday felt so weird this year. Your run pic is making me want to go to the beach ASAP to run! A nap after a weekend at the beach is a necessity. The sun really takes it out of you.

    For the 4th, we were still in NYC so we explored Soho before grabbing lunch in Central Park. When we were on the train heading back to Princeton, Alex's mom texted him to say their neighbors were coming over for dinner so the shenanigans continued with more drinks and eating haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was! I was so confused with my days all week because of the holiday falling on a Thursday. NYC must have been so much fun! I haven’t been there since 2013. Is it a close drive for you guys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about an hour drive I think? We just take the train though since it's so easy and then we don't have to deal with traffic or parking.

      Delete
    2. We take the train, too, but that's about an hour away from us so it makes the whole trip seem longer than it probably is lol.

      Delete