Tuesday, January 1, 2019

My 2019 Goals

Happy 2019 everyone! It's crazy to think that 2018 is over and done with and we're starting a whole new year. I'm not one of those "new year, new me" people but technically in this new year I will become a "new me" as I will be getting married. The "new me" will be a wife with a new last name! This "new me" will not make their appearance until August, though, so I have some time to prepare. 

Moving along... in the new year, just as many other people, I do love to make some goals for myself! I've been thinking a lot in the last few weeks about the goals I'd like to make in the year, along with the steps to help myself achieve them. In years past, I would make goals for myself that were either unrealistic or I didn't know which steps to take to make them happen. That's why I put a little extra thought into them this year so that I could possibly achieve a lot of them this year! 

Along with this list, I also made a list of 19 things I want to accomplish in 2019. This may sound redundant, but I promise you it's different than the following list of goals I have. The 19 things I want to accomplish in 2019 is basically a to do list of things I want to get done. All of the things on the list are tasks, things that can be done at any point throughout the year, and don't necessarily need to be maintained. While I'm not going to share the whole list because honestly it would probably bore you, I'll give you a few examples off the list to give you an idea of what I mean. Two things on my list are "unpack all the boxes from the move" and "volunteer at a race." These are two things that I really want to accomplish, but there is no time frame as to when they need to get done. They aren't reoccurring events (unless I decide to volunteer at multiple races!). I like the idea of being able to cross things off my list throughout the year, and not just reflect on the list in December.

Okay now back to what you came here for, my list of goals for 2019!

What helps keep me on track!

Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
Over the past few years, I have adopted a pretty healthy lifestyle. In 2019, I'd like to continue maintaining this established lifestyle. 

The Steps:
- run 3 times a week
- strength train 2 times a week
- meal prep on Sundays
- track the food I eat daily, no matter what
- eat breakfast every morning 


Reduce Phone Usage
I feel like I go through spurts where I am on my phone non-stop and then spurts where I couldn't even tell you where my phone was. I want to work on using my phone less and being present in the moment more. 

The Steps:
- utilize the phone usage app on my phone to set time limits and monitor usage
- read more physical books

I'm hoping to make a lot from this book!

Try New Recipes
This was a goal I had last year but felt as if I didn't follow through with it as much as I'd hope. Now that I have my own house with a nice kitchen, I hope it's more possible this year!

The Steps:
- pick interesting recipes out of the recipe books I have
- try cooking with new ingredients


Give Back
Giving back is not something that should be limited to the holiday season. I hope to get the chance to give back to others throughout the year in order to keep the kindness going!

The Steps:
- volunteer at at least one race
- donate clothes I no longer wear
- go through and donate old books


Save Money
With a wedding and honeymoon on the calendar for this year, money is going to be tight. There a few ideas I have that will help me make some extra money while also saving the money I already have.

The Plan:
- go on one free date night a month
- collect change in jar to cash in
- sell some clothes on Poshmark
- buy food that can be used for a few different recipes to reduce waste

I love stores that use reusable bags instead of plastic!

Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
I'm pretty good with the reuse and recycle part, but I definitely want to work on reducing the amount of waste I make. I feel like high school me who was president of my school's ecology club has to make a comeback!

The Steps:
- use reusable grocery bags and produce bags at the grocery store

- find and purchase products with less packaging or packaging that can be reused


Question(s) of the Day: What goals have you set for yourself?
Do you have any suggestions for me on how to reduce, reuse, and recycle more?

2 comments:

  1. Oohh girl I am with you on less phone usage too! My goal is to pick up books more than I pick up my phone. Trying new recipes & less spending are up there too. Thank you for sharing! Can’t wait to follow along in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have an iPhone, the phone usage app is super helpful to monitor your usage. It's so eye-opening to look at and see how long you actually were on specific apps! I can't wait to see how this year goes!

      Delete