Friday, June 7, 2019

Friday Five

I'm not sure who will agree with me, but this week actually kind of went by fast. Yesterday I was pretty sure it was Wednesday and I was thrilled when I realized it was actually Thursday! That doesn't happen to me much. We don't have much on the agenda for this weekend besides some gym time. I think we're going to spend some time playing with all our new appliances {I'm looking at you, Instant Pot!} and writing out thank you cards. It's also possible my sister could go into labor this weekend so I'll be waiting by my phone all weekend for the call :) Before I start this crazy work day {it's field day at school}, I'm sharing my Friday Five with you.


1. Global Running Day
As many of you may know, Wednesday was Global Running Day! It is one of my favorite holidays because it's a day to celebrate my favorite sport. It's also a great day because my local running store always hosts a cool event. This year they hosted their usual group run with giveaways and an after party at a local bar. John, Dale, and I attended the run and it started to rain once we started. We ran the 3 miles in a complete downpour! It was actually pretty fun. Afterwards we warmed up at the after party where they gave us a free pint glass and free appetizers!


2. Wine Rack
As you may have read about in my post about my bridal shower, I got the coolest gift from my sister. She had a friend of hers make us a wine rack that all our guests signed as our guest book. It is so nice looking and I am so excited to find a spot to display it in our house!


3. Recipe Box
Along with the wine rack {yes, there is MORE!}, my sister also gave us a recipe box that got filled with recipes from our guest. The recipe box alone is gorgeous and has nice wooden dividers inside the separate the different sections {appetizers, desserts, etc.}. I am eager to try out the recipes from our guests and also fill out some of the cards myself with recipes I have written on scraps of paper at the moment.


4. Scones
Okay, these are pretty much all bridal shower related but that is all that has been on my mind this week. One of my bridesmaids made the most delicious scones for my shower and I have been snacking on them all week. I haven't gotten the recipe from her yet but once I do, I'll be sharing it with you all! She claims they were easy so I'm hoping to try them out this summer.

5. Leftovers
This one is lame but it's so true! We've had nothing but leftovers all week and it has been the best. I've hardly had to do any food prep this week which is great! The only downside is that my lunches haven't been too healthy but it's just one week.

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


4 comments:

  1. I love the recipe card idea! It's motivating me to get some recipes out and into my binder. Maybe I'll start to tackle that this weekend... Not having to prep any food for an entire week sounds like a dream!

    This week I've been obsessed with an impulse buy for joggers. They are so comfortable and light weight for this time of year. Plus they were on major sale at $9 so it was a solid purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister gave me all the extra recipe cards so I'm hoping to get some of the ones I have either online or written on scrap paper onto some of the cards. That's on my to do list this weekend since we finally have a weekend with no plans.

      I said this on your post, but they look sooo comfortable! I checked out the website and the price is already pretty decent but getting them for $9 is a steal! I will totally be considering ordering a pair!

      Delete
  2. I always love reading your Friday Five, even if I get to them on a Tuesday! Yay for global running day! That wine rack is so pretty and seriously one of the most creative and awesome gifts I have ever heard... AND a recipe box ?!? Ok this cannot get better! … except I see you mentioned scones … so yes it can get better haha. YUM! Also leftovers are my favvv always!!! Thanks for sharing, Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love sharing things I'm loving! I've actually found new things to try from other bloggers post's like these!My sister really spoiled me with the wine rack AND the recipe box! Scones are always amazing <3 Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete