Monday, June 24, 2019

My Week in Pictures XXVI

How is it already Monday? This past Friday through Monday was my "summer break" as I begin my summer job today. Luckily it's a fun job and only runs for 5 weeks so I'll still get part of my summer. I jam packed a lot of fun stuff into this weekend to celebrate the beginning of summer so follow along to see what I did, as well as what I was up to last week!


On Monday the students had a half day so I joined a bunch of my coworkers for lunch where we had pizza and sangrias!


Tuesday was the last day for students. One of my kids surprised me with the cutest homemade sugar cookies!


We had an in-service on Wednesday but to make things better, we ordered pickle sandwiches from a nearby deli. I got ham, cheese, lettuce, and crushed potato chips on top. It was pretty yummy but super messy to eat!


Thursday started out as a really good morning. I woke up and went on a nice run, showered, made an iced chai tea latte in my new cup and headed off to my last day of work.


When I went to pull away, my car felt funny.. I got out to find my front tire was flat! I called my parents to come drive me to work. They were dealing with their own problems at home because the big storm had caused their neighbors above ground pool to collapse. Most of the water ended up in my parents basement!


Luckily I did make it to work in time! We didn't have to stay long so I just went to our faculty meeting and then made sure the rest of my stuff was packed up before heading out!


My parents had to pick me up since I still didn't have my car. I went to their house to help them start cleaning out their basement. So much water!


When John was done work, him and my dad changed my tire to my spare so I could drive over to get a new tire. The spare was mostly flat too but drive-able for a short distance. Of course it started to rain during this...

I woke up on Friday to find Dexter in the cat bed he hasn't even sat in since the day we got him...


John and I spent Friday night at Ashley's playing with the nephews and having a campfire!




Saturday we went to a first birthday party for Lilly, our friend's baby.


The lake was the perfect location for the party!


That night, Rachel came to visit! We went to a winery where we drank wine, ate pizza, and chatted for hours while listening to music.


Of course we ran on Sunday morning :)


We then finished off the weekend at Topgolf with John's parents!


Question of the Day: What is something fun you did this past weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Minus the flat tire and your parents flooded basement, it sounds like a great weekend! While most of the weekend was spent packing, we went to a moving sale on Saturday and bought an entertainment center than I can't wait to use since I find it super unique. We also bought a big clock that will be perfect to fill a big wall we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently when I reply from my phone, it doesn't actually post.. oops!

      It really was a good week minus the craziness! That entertainment center must be so nice! I bet it will look great all set up :) I've been eyeing up some cute big clocks for the one wall in my kitchen. Eventually I'll choose one and get it!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the best end to the school year!!! Those cookies from your student are too cute <3

    Oh no! Flat tires are the wooorst. Seriously impressive you still made it to work in time! Thank goodness for parents, right?! Hopefully all is well now! (including the basement flooding)

    The rest of the weekend looked like such a blast!!! I really would like to try Topgolf sometime soon- it looks so fun. Thanks for sharing, Em :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They looked cute AND tasted amazing! I was so surprised I made it in time! My parents are such angels! Topgolf is such a fun day or night out! I was so bad at it but it was still super fun :)

      Delete