Friday, June 14, 2019

Friday Five

Something about it being the last full week of school really makes the days drag. It was a crazy week in my life but all good crazy! My sister had her baby on Tuesday!! She was blessed with an ADORABLE baby boy named Joey! He is seriously so precious and has the sweetest chubby cheeks! I'm sure you'll be hearing tons about him along with my usual stories about Tommy :) 


Before I head into a relatively relaxing weekend, I'm sharing my Friday Five with you!  


1. Neutrogena Norwegian Hand Cream
I've been using this hand cream for a few years now ever since my mother in law suggested it to me, but lately it's become a life saver! My hands have been exceptionally dry lately and this hand cream has helped a ton! I put on some before bed and then anytime I get in the car {I figure I'm sitting still and just holding onto the steering wheel the whole time, so why not?}. A little goes a LONG way so you really only need to put a little dab on. It's a bit on the greasy side so I'd suggest using it in the evening or maybe while watching TV.


2. Wok
One of the first things I registered for was a wok {this exact one from Bed Bath & Beyond} so I was pretty pumped when I actually received it at my bridal shower! John and I love to make stir fry and fried rice a lot and our small pan was not cutting it. This wok is huge and makes cooking so easy. It is non-stick which makes cleaning up a breeze. It's pretty heavy which makes me believe it's made of good material.

Everything is now mostly put away!

After much searching, I finally found the perfect rack to use for storage in my kitchen! I found it at Target for the low, low price of $60. Most other shelves I was finding cost well over $100! I went out right after my shower to purchase this beauty because I knew we had absolutely no room for all of our new appliances. Dale helped me put it together the next day and as of this past Sunday, it's finally fully stocked. It's made of sturdy steel but is still lightweight and easy to move if needed. I think we spent more time taking the plastic off all the pieces and deciding the height of each shelf than we did putting it together. I highly recommend this shelf for anyone who need a little extra storage space.


4. Decorative Hand Towels
True Life: I'm Obsessed with Decorate Hand Towels. No, but really... I love decorative hand towels and get a kick out of changing them out for the season! I've been collecting hand towels since moving into our house and then was gifted with 17 {!!!} different decorative hand towels at my bridal shower last weekend. I love each and every one of them and have had a blast switching them out as a way of decorating my kitchen.


Up until now, we've only had a Magic Bullet for a blender. Since we primarily use a blender just for smoothies, I figured the Nutri Ninja was the perfect upgrade! The Ninja works so much better than the Magic Bullet in my opinion. It blends everything super quickly and crushes ice in smoothies to the perfect consistency. I think the coolest feature is the suction cups on the bottom so the blender doesn't move while it's blending.

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


5 comments:

  1. The decorative towels are super cute! Decorative hand towels are the best and I can't wait to collect more when we move. Have you noticed that's all I've been thinking about lately lol?

    I LOVE my Ninja blender! My parents bought the full size one for my younger brother for Christmas years ago (kinda weird for an 8th grader but okay lol) and I got the smaller personal size for my birthday two years ago. It works so dang well. I'm a huge fan of it haha.

    This week I've been loving Dead to Me on Netflix. I've watched all 10 episodes haha. Clearly I've been walking around with my laptop while cleaning. I hope your sister and Joey are both doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moment we started looking at houses all I could think about was moving and getting things for our house. It's so fun!

      I'm pretty sure you're the one who mentioned the Ninja to me which made me add it to our wedding registry! I am amazed at how well it works compared to the Magic Bullet we had.

      I'm definitely watching Dead to Me once I'm done the show I'm watching now! My sister and Joey come home today and I know she is eager to be home with him and Tommy! Tommy isn't a huge fan of the hospital so he really pays no attention to Joey while he's there. She's hoping when they're home Tommy will feel more comfortable to be around Joey.

      Delete
    2. It is so fun!

      I probably have mentioned it before. I seriously love it and think it's well worth the money.

      I get her being nervous how Tommy and Joey. I'm sure once they're in the house Tommy will just be more comfortable! He knows his home and will feel safe there as opposed to a scary/new hospital.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to your sister (And you and the whole family!!!) !! So exciting!!! I lovee all Neutrogena products- but I have never tried that hand cream- sounds luxurious!

    Ohh yummy yummy that wok looks so good.

    Those towels!! I am obsessed with every single one!

    We use our Ninja nearly every day!! Thank you for sharing.

    This week I am loving being almost all packed! It’s a weight off our shoulders (or on whichever way you look at it, lol).. but it is a relief to almost be totally ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ninja is so amazing! We have been using it every morning for smoothies!

      That must feel soo good to be close to ready to move! I hope the whole process goes smoothly for you two! Will you be shipping stuff or driving down?

      Delete