Friday, June 21, 2019

Friday Five

TGIF, seriously! This post is coming out late because I let myself sleep in today. Yesterday was my last official day of school! Today is my first free day, but this won't last long as my first day at the summer program I work starts Monday. It's a fun job so no complaints here :) It's been quite a hectic week in my world but honestly, when isn't it? Like my mom always says, we're all gonna make it! So I'm just going to sit back and relax, while sharing my Friday Five with you!


I've been eyeing up Nathan handhelds ever since my cheapy one started to leak on me. I was hesitant to buy one without seeing it in person. While at my running store on Global Running Day, Nathan had a table set up so I was able to try a few different handhelds out. The SpeedDraw plus felt super comfortable while being able to hold 18 oz of water! It was a bit of an impulse buy but so worth it!

I ran out of the Pure Protein powder that iI had so I picked this up while at Aldi last week. I don't always have the best luck with finding good tasting vanilla protein powder but this brand was a winner! AND it wasn't too pricey.


3. New Game with Dexter
While perusing Facebook the other day, I came across an article about how to tell if your cat is getting bored. I've actually be concerned for Dexter since he's home alone a lot so of course I read it. He met most of the criteria so I continued on with the list of ways to entertain your cat {is this what being a crazy cat lady is like?!}. One idea was to put a ping pong ball in an empty bathtub and let them chase it all around since it'll fly all around. I tried it Wednesday night in our big Jacuzzi tub with Dexter {I used a jingle ball instead} and he loved it! He played with it for awhile. John wasn't too thrilled that I chose a jingle ball because it was loud but I was happy knowing Dexter was having fun!


If you're a Weight Watchers person then you've probably already heard about Built Bars. If not, I'm here to share these gems with you. Built bars are protein and energy bars with 110 calories, 15g of protein, 6g of fiber, 4g of sugar, and 4g of fat. In the WW world, they are only 3 points which is phenomenal for such a delicious bar that is pretty much a candy bar. I have tried a few flavors before but just received a big order that I split with my mom because I was dying to try the blueberry cheesecake flavor. I tried that flavor yesterday and it was delicious! The chocolate flavor is pretty strong but that's not always a bad thing :)


5. Microwave Glass Popcorn Maker
This was a gift from John's parents awhile back and I just got around to using it. It's super simple to use! Just use the lid to measure out the amount of kernels you need, pour them into the bowl, and then pop it in the microwave for about 2.5 minutes. It makes delicious air popped popcorn! You can even melt butter on top of the lid while it cooks but I haven't tried that feature.

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


2 comments:

  1. I love air popped popcorn! We have an actual air popper but that little contraption is so cool! It looked like it makes the perfect serving size for one person.

    This week I've been loving lazy tv watching. I've been watching Sugar Rush while I pack and I don't feel bad since 1) all of the rain and 2) I'm still being productive with packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding good protein powder can be seriously so challenging! Thank you for the recommendation with this one! Once I use up our current ones I’ll have to keep this in mind 

    OK this is hilarious about the ping pong ball in the tub with Dexter- LOL!!! I love that it actually entertained him for a while too!

    I had not heard of Built Bars- but I love the look of those macros!! I find either bars have too much protein or not even- these look like the perfect amount!

    Ohh yummy- cannot go wrong with popcorn! Thanks for sharing, Em :)

    ReplyDelete