Wednesday, June 5, 2019

The Most PURRfect Bridal Shower

Happy Wednesday and Global Running Day!!

This past Sunday, my bridal party {along with our families} threw me the most PURRFect and adorable cat themed tea party bridal shower! I was so surprised at the amount of effort and love that went into the whole planning process and then the day of. Everyone completely spoiled me {and John} and I just can't get over it! I was lucky enough to have a bunch of people take photos throughout the whole day so I could just soak it all in. I've been enjoying sorting through all the photos, reliving the day, to prepare today's post for you. Fair warning, there are A LOT of pictures, but I feel like I have so share them all to tell the whole story ❤


I had requested that my shower be a surprise and man did everyone do a great job of keeping secrets! To get me there, John's mom told me we were going to a painting party fundraiser at a hall. I was a bit skeptical, thinking it could be my shower, but she made is so believable! Everyone involved who I talked to in the days leading up to the shower had such believable stories of what they were doing that weekend so I honestly wasn't sure what was going on.

As we drove up to the hall, I saw everyone outside waiting for ME! They figured the parking lot was small and I'd recognize everyone's cars, so they'd just stand outside for when I got there.



Tommy came running right over to greet me!


After hugging and thanking my bridal party, family, and as many other people as possible, we went inside. It was seriously the most adorable place ever! The place is an old school house so it was on the smaller side but the perfect size for a bridal shower.

Once inside I figured out that the theme(s) my bridal party went with was a tea party along with cats! The decorations were absolutely beautiful! The tea party and cat themes just went so purrfectly together!




My aunt even made balloons look like a cat bride and groom!


My cousin who is my junior bridesmaid and her mom {my aunt/godmother} were in charge of decorations and they did NOT disappoint! They used all my favorite flowers in the flower arrangements. The flowers on our table were a bit different. SOO pretty!


My sister surprised me with the most adorable "I'm Getting Meowied" sash and a cat ear veil! My aunt also got John and I "I'm Getting Meowied" wine glasses! Ashley and Erika {one of my bridesmaids} helped me put the sash and headband on right away.





Next up was food! Since the shower started at 11 am and it was a tea party, the food was all brunch foods. My favorite! John's parents and aunt made cute little tea sandwiches. My brother-in-law slaved away to make waffles so we could have a waffle bar! My mom and Ashley made mini quiches with all different ingredients.


Ashley and Erika put together a yummy yogurt and fruit bar. They had waffle cones so people could put the yogurt and fruit in them! Cassie {bridesmaid} made a delicious baked oatmeal that I could've eaten all day!


Melissa {bridesmaid} made orange cream scones and maple brown sugar scones that were pretty much comparable to Panera! Erika made cookies which must've been delicious because people ate them up!


My mom's best friend, Darlene, made the beautiful cake! It was a chocolate chip pound cake with raspberry filling. Yes, it is just as delicious as it sounds!


John and I cut the cake before we served it to everyone.


Rachel {bridesmaid + best running friend I mention a lot on here} did a fabulous job with the games! First we played the "shoe game." John and I held one of each of our shoes in our hands while Rachel read questions, such as "who is the better driver?" or "who said I love you first?" We would have to raise the shoe of the person we thought it was. John and I were pretty spot on with the same answers!


Next up was "How well do you know the bride?" It was cool to see who actually knew these answers. The one everyone person {besides John and someone who copied his answers} got wrong was my first job. Everyone said my waitress job but it was actually a cub scout summer camp job. Other than that, most people seemed to know me pretty well! Also, my mom made the cutest favors which were tea bags with personalized stickers on them 😊


The most entertaining game was the toilet paper wedding dress game! Everyone got in groups and chose a person to be the "bride" to make a dress on out of toilet paper on. Everyone got super creative! My bridal party chose John as their bride and it was so funny!


My mom's dress was a little interesting... haha.


My sister had a friend of hers make a wine rack for me as a gift! Instead of cards, guests were asked to bring bottles of wine instead. The wine nearly filled this whole rack!


The wine rack also served as a guest book! I can't wait to display this in our home!


Guests were also given recipe cards {which were made to match our invitations!} to fill out with a recipe they wanted to share with me. Ashley had them put the recipe cards they brought in a sweet recipe box she had made for us!


Guests were also asked to share a date idea to put in our date jar. All the ideas are pretty cute and we can't wait to start using the jar!


As per my request, the gifts came unwrapped so that we did not have to take away time from the shower to watch me open gifts {plus that's a lot of wasted paper!}. It was the best idea because then I was able to spend time talking to everyone and we could play games!

The white and purple umbrella that is hanging was a decoration from my aunt's bridal shower back in 1999! Her wedding colors were also purple. I was her flower girl and now her daughter will be my junior bridesmaid. :)



And finally the most important part, my amazing bridal party!!! They seriously did a phenomenal job and I can't thank them enough!!

Left to right: Megan {cousin + junior bridesmaid}, Erika, Rachel, me, Melissa, Ashley, and Cassie

Left to right: Cassie, Megan, Erika, me, Rachel, Melissa, and Ashley

We had such an amazing time!!



You gotta have mock prom photos, right?!


4 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful! I never know types of flowers and am terrible at putting together flowers so I'm in awe of people who can.

    The wine rack is awesome! It sounds like you and John were spoiled which is so deserved. Thanks for sharing all of this Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt did an amazing job with the flowers! I have favorite flowers but never know how they all look together. When we picked our wedding flowers, I just let the florist pick flowers that matched lol.

      I am so excited to set the wine rack up in my house! It looks so fancy! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodnessss! From the theme to the décor to the food to the games--- wow what an absolutely INCREDIBLE shower!!!

    Also, a wine rack/guest book with gifted wine is the most genius idea I have everrrr heard.

    What a memorable, truly purrrfect day. Thanks for sharing, Em! So happy for you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bridal party truly knocked it out of the park! I was amazed when I walked in!!

      My sister was super creative with her ideas and I am obsessed with the wine rack she got us! I'm kinda disappointed I didn't think of that guest book idea for the wedding haha.

      Thanks so much, Mackenzie!!! <3

      Delete