Monday, June 17, 2019

My Week in Pictures XXV

Happy Monday! Another weekend has come and gone but for once I am actually excited for the work week. It's my last week of work before summer break and I am pumped! Today and tomorrow are half day for the students with tomorrow being their last day and then us teachers have in-service days Wednesday and Thursday. Fingers crossed the week flies by for me! This past week was a busy week so follow along as I recap it in pictures :)


My Monday started out with a little bit of cotton candy water ice from a 6th grader in another section.


My second nephew, Joseph "Joey" Michael, was born on Tuesday! I rushed out of work to go meet him!




After spending most of Tuesday night at the hospital, we joined my parents and grandparents for dinner at a local diner. I got a chicken sandwich with mozzarella and marinara sauce on a ciabatta roll with sweet potato fries!


Wednesday morning started with a run. I found the first sprinklers of the season and felt great the whole time!



I spent that night playing with Tommy!


We ran around in the backyard and caught fireflies together :)


On Thursday, John brought a party tray of sushi up to the hospital so we could eat dinner with Ashley and Nick. It was delicious!


Look at that sweet face!


Friday was a half day for students. My co-teacher in my 9th period class surprised me when I came to class a bit late by playing Marry You" by Bruno Mars and giving me flowers and a card from the class! It was like a mini bridal shower! The card had little slips of paper with marriage advice from my students and man, was it pure GOLD!


Later that day, another co-worker who is getting married in July and I were surprised with a bridal shower lunch! We had a whole lunch with delicious food and fun shower games.


John and I spent our Friday night hanging out and home and then buying 80 lbs of cat litter at the grocery store for a great deal 😂


After our gym class on Saturday, John's parents came over with their power washer so we could power wash our back patio, the area in front of the front door, and our small front patio.


Later we went for drinks and dinner at the restaurant in our development. It's a cute place with a great view of the golf course!


I was admiring our newly cleaned patio when I woke up Sunday morning before heading to my parent's to celebrate Father's Day!


I also managed to squeeze in some baby Joey snuggles!


Question of the Day: Did you do anything fun this past weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week! I hope Tommy is taking to Joey a bit more now that he's home. That was so nice of your coworkers to throw a little lunch for you and the other teacher getting married this summer. What a fun surprise! This weekend involved having our friends and their one month old over for drinks yesterday afternoon. I was loving the baby cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems more comfortable around the baby now that he is in his natural habitat lol. My sister is doing a great job of making sure Tommy has some of his own time with her so he doesn't get too jealous. That had to be soo fun getting some baby cuddles! They're the best :)

      Delete
    2. That's great! I'm so glad that Tommy seems to be more comfortable around Joey. Baby cuddles really are the best so another positive of not moving to PA right away is being close to our friends so we can see them more and get more cuddles :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, the sweetest week of all time!! Joey is too precious. Is Tommy Joey's older brother? I love that y'all caught fireflies together <3Those bridal shower cupcakes are adorable & that suuuushiii! YUM! Thanks for sharing, Em :)

    ReplyDelete