Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Coffee Addictions and Job Hunting

Happy Hump Day! I realize I don't do many posts besides my planned weekly posts so my new goal is to try and post a random post at least once a week that gives you more of an insight into my life :)

Literally. I always drink a cup of coffee before a run.

11 years. That's how long I have been drinking coffee at least once a day. It started as just an occasional Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee and then turned into having my morning coffee each and every day before (or on the way to) school. As I got older, my morning cup turned into multiple cups a day in order to keep up with college life. Since graduating, I have been able to go back to just one cup in the morning. Well, that was up until this past weekend.

Last week I just wasn't feeling my morning coffee. Typically I would make the cup as soon as I woke up (thank you, Keurig) and drink it as I got ready. For a few days last week I just did not want to finish the cup I made. I'm not exactly sure why but part of me thinks that the k-cups we bought recently have a strange taste to me. I'm totally the type of person to think something tastes strange and then never want it again because all I remember is the strange taste. By Friday I was over drinking my coffee so I decided to try something out.

Dunkin' lovin'.

On Saturday morning (April  I skipped my morning cup of coffee. I was honestly excited to see how my body reacted. In the past, not drinking coffee has caused me to feel sick and get a major headache. This has led me to believe I do in fact have a caffeine addiction. So while I was excited to see how my body reacted, I was also nervous that I'd feel sick all day. But to my surprise, I felt fine! I even went on a run later in the day and felt great the whole time despite the heat and my lack of caffeine.

It is now Wednesday and I have not had a cup of coffee since Friday. So far no headaches or nausea. I actually have been feeling great! I have had hot tea a few times this past week but that hasn't been until later in the day. I'm not sure how long I'll go without coffee but I will be keeping you all updated!

I just love seeing my name on everything!

After graduating last May, my dream was to find a full time teaching job. Unfortunately the cards were not in my favor and instead I ended up with two wonderful long-term substitute positions for this school year. I have loved both positions and through them have figured out what I like to teach the most. Sadly, my most recent long-term position is ending on Monday and I am thrown back into the search for a full time position. I have been searching district pages for job postings the past few days and honestly, I am not excited to begin the job application and interview process again. So for the next few weeks you will find me subbing in random classrooms everyday and filling out a job application for any teaching position I am certified for!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far and the next few days fly by because I am ready for the weekend!

Question of the Day: Are you a coffee drinker? If so, do you feel as if you are addicted to it?

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting off coffee! I've heard some people say it's the hardest thing to do. Personally I don't drink coffee but I enjoy tea instead.

    Good luck on the job search :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to get off coffee for awhile but it's so much easier now that I just don't want the coffee. I've always liked tea so I've been happily drinking that when I want something warm.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete