Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Running Survey

Want to learn a little bit more about me as a runner? Well, you're in luck! I found this running survey awhile back and I finally decided to fill it out and post it! Unfortunately, I do not remember the original source so I can't properly recognize them. If anyone knows the original source, please let me know! Also, let me know if you have any more questions for me!

What is your favorite type of cross training?
Strength training or using the bike at the gym.


I switch between free weights & the weight machines.

What is your favorite song to run to?
I don't always listen to music when I run but when I do, I prefer anything from my middle school/high school time period (2006-2011ish).


What brand of shoes do you wear?
Brooks. I have tried other brands and I just always come back to Brooks.


Do you wear a hat when you run?
I have been trying to lately to avoid getting headaches while running due to the sun beating on my head.

Will run for donuts!


What temperature is your favorite for running?
I definitely prefer cooler temps so probably anything between 30 and 60 degrees.


Do you run solo or with a buddy?
Usually alone but lately I have been running with my brother and sister a lot.



Are you a morning, noon, or evening runner?
Morning, if possible! I'm forced to run in the evening during the work week.



Love me a good sunrise!

Do you have any big races coming up?
Nothing is on my schedule until the Philadelphia Marathon in November.



What is your favorite post run snack?
I don't have any specific "favorites" because I usually just eat anything I can find that I feel will fill me without hurting my stomach post run.



Do you wear your engagement/wedding ring when you run?
Not usually. I wear Enso bands instead.

In this picture I'm wearing two braided Enso stackable bands. Sometimes I wear both, other times I'll just wear one. i just couldn't decide between both shades of purple haha.

What is your favorite distance?
The half marathon and marathon. I love longer distances! For just training, I love anything more than 5 miles. It takes me awhile to warm up so shorter distances aren't as enjoyable for me.


What is your favorite race?
5k- Four Seasons Parkway 5k (This was my first ever 5k and it was AMAZING! Great course and phenomenal post-race food!)
10k- Hershey 10k
13.1- Garden Spot Village Half (This was such a hard decision! RNR Philly was a close second.)
26.2- Philadelphia Marathon
Random distance- Broad Street 10-miler AND Hot Chocolate 15k


Do you wear a Garmin? If not, how do you track your distance?
Yup! Before I had a Garmin my sister and I used to drive our planned routes to see how far we would run.



What is your least favorite race?
The Run the Bridge 10k because it was SUPER windy on the bridge and I wasn't a huge fan of the route.



Who is your running idol?
Kara Goucher & Shalane Flanagan.



Source

What is your favorite type of run? Tempo? Long? Repeat? Fartleks?
Long run, for sure!


What do you drink to stay hydrated?
Water. Lots and lots of water.
Give me ALL THE WATER!

How long have you been running?
About 5 years.


Where is your favorite place to run?
I honestly just love the Philly area but I only get over there when I am running a Philly race. Otherwise I love running in the neighborhoods around my house. I know the mileage in the area so I can easily plan my runs.



What do you take on a run? Does it vary by distance?
For shorter runs (under 6 miles), I usually just bring my phone, water, and some gummy bears. For longer runs (7+ miles), I'll bring all of the above plus some GU.

2 comments:

  1. I was reading this and almost alarmed at how many of them I agreed with lol! Brooks are definitely the best running shoes, always need to have my Garmin on for those solo runs, and cooler weather for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so alike! I feel like I relate to a lot of your posts as well lol

    ReplyDelete