Friday, April 6, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

Happy Friday!! Honestly, this Friday got here super quickly. This is probably due to being off Monday + Tuesday and then having fun events the rest of the week. No matter how long the week felt, I am still happy it's Friday! Tomorrow I am running the Hot Chocolate 15k with my brother and sister so I am psyched for a fun weekend :)


1. Poshmark
I've known about this app for awhile but had forgotten about it until recently. I have been keeping a lot of old, yet super nice clothes in a bag next to my dresser for awhile now. I have had all intentions to donate them or attempt to sell them for some extra cash. A few weeks ago I decided to give Poshmark a shot and list a couple items. Well boy was I shocked when some of my items ACTUALLY SOLD! And let me tell you, this is addicting!

To use Poshmark is simple. First you make an account. Next take some pictures of clothes you are willing to sell and make a new listing. Once your item sells, you just print the prepaid shipping label Posh mark sends you, package up the item all nicely, and drop it off in any blue mailbox or the post office if it's too big. Super simple! I've already made over $20 just selling some clothes I didn't want anymore that were just taking up space. You can also snag some pretty awesome deals on clothing if you're looking to expand your closet or replace the clothes you're selling! I have had nothing but positive experiences both selling and buying on Poshmark!


I'm on Poshmark as @elchristman if you'd like to shop my closet :) If you do sign up, use the invite code ELCHRISTMAN to get $5 off your first purchase!



2. Marc Jacobs Shameless Foundation
A few weeks back, I received a VoxBox from Influenster containing this wonderful foundation. If you've never heard of Influenster, it's a app where you can sign up to potentially receive boxes known as "VoxBoxes" containing all types of goodies for you to try in exchange for reviews through different forms of social media. I've been on Influenster for a little over a year now and I have already received a wide variety of boxes containing everything from hair supplies to make up to other beauty items. So far I have had nothing but good experiences and I have even added some new beauty items into my routine, such as this Marc Jacobs Shameless foundation (see how I brought the conversation back to the original topic? I knew what I was doing!). For those who don't know, I am not a big make up person at all. The most I use is a quick powder foundation (is that even the correct term for it?!) in the morning to cover up the redness on my face. Needless to say, I was pretty thrilled to be given the opportunity to try a fancy foundation that suggested the use of a beauty blender (this is totally out of my make up league!). So far I am OBSESSED with this foundation! It covers all my redness without looking dry or too much.

If you decide to sign up for Influenster, feel free to use my referral link: 
www.influenster.com/r/2816401
**It's just coincidental that two of the things I am loving this week have codes and links!**

Source

3. Insta Stories
I'm pretty sure Instagram is winning in the "stories" department on social media. I love the set up and ease of posting to my Insta story and viewing other stories. Plus, I love the idea of sharing little bits of my running life with my followers that isn't big enough for an actual Insta post or blog post.


4. Saucony X Dunkin' Kinvara 9
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to snag a pair for myself, but I am totally obsessed with these shoes! Running + Dunkin' = two of my favorite things in the world! As of now, my only hope of getting them is to be one of the first people at the Boston Marathon expo which is clearly not happening so I'm just hoping they drop another batch sometime in the near future. Or if anyone goes to the expo and is feeling nice, I'm a size 8 or 8.5 :P

Source

5. Pre-Race Jitters
This Saturday (4/7), I am running my first bigger race since the marathon back in November. I'll be running with my brother and sister, which is guaranteed to be a good time! We'll be running the Hot Chocolate 15k in Philly and I am getting SO excited for it! It's been awhile since I have had to prepare for a race and ran a race that has an expo beforehand (note: I LOVE expos!). Needless to say, I'm getting a bit jittering and it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment