Wednesday, April 24, 2019

2019 Goals: April Update

What a month this has been! It's honestly hard for me to believe that April is pretty much over in just a few days. The month really seemed to fly by, just as all of 2019 has felt. I'm not sure if I'm okay with this or not. In typical last-Wednesday-of-the-month fashion, let's talk about how my 2019 goals are going! {You can check out my previous updates here: January, February, and March}


Goal 1: Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
This month consisted of a lot of shorter distance runs in order to work on my pace. It clearly was beneficial as I was able to run two 5Ks with great paces! My monthly mileage wasn't as high as usual since I gave up a few weekend long runs in order to run these 5Ks but I'm okay with that. John and I rejoined our gym which was the best decision! Being at the gym really motivates both of us to focus on strength training.

This box now serves as the "home" for my egg cooker. It keeps my kitchen shelf looking neat and helps all the pieces stay together.

Goal 2: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
I finally got around to shipping out my Marine Layer Re-Spun package. I mailed in 5 shirts which should get me a $25 credit in return! I've been focusing on the reuse aspect of this goal lately. Each time I go to throw certain items away (jars, containers, boxes, etc.), I think of ways I could re-purpose them.

Goal 3: Reduce Phone Usage
I chose to pick up books instead of my phone a lot this month, especially right before bed. I have a bad habit of scrolling through BuzzFeed right before I fall asleep and I'm trying to break that. I've been attempting to make a habit of having specific times throughout the day when I can scroll my social media accounts and not just every so often. That seems to help me from picking up my phone constantly and getting "lost" in it.


Goal 4: Try New Recipes
I finally branched out with recipes this month! In the beginning of the month we tried out grilled pizza. It was so delicious, we've made it a few times since then! When my friend, Rachel, came to stay with us one weekend, we made a taco casserole that was super tasty! John and I have added it into our dinner rotation since it is so easy and delicious. I made a big batch of shredded chicken one day that turned into a week of creative lunches using it. I'll be doing that more often!


Goal 5: Give Back
I gave back to the running community in the beginning of the month and volunteered at my first race, the Philadelphia Hot Chocolate 5K/15K.

Goal 6: Save Money
Knowing we'd be shelling out a lot of money for wedding costs this month, John and I have tried our best to not spend any money on "extras." I sold 4 things on Poshmark this month for a total of $40! I'm planning on going through my spring/summer clothes in the next few weeks so I can add more clothes to my Poshmark closet.

Question of the Day: How are your 2019 goals coming along? Have you completed anything on your 19 in 2019 list, if you made one?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great month! What is the credit that you get from the Marine Layer Re-spun package?

    It's also insane that April is over in 6 days...how is that possible? It honestly feels like we just celebrated the New Year! The big goal for 2019 has been going well so far and we'll see how it plays out on Sunday. I hope you're healing well from wisdom teeth surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marine Layer gives you $5 for every T-shirt donated. They give you up to $25 but you can always donate more. I was looking at their website and some stuff in pricey but they have a good sale section I’m going to check out once I receive the credit!

      I can’t wait to hear how Sunday goes for you! I’ve been feeling good since my surgery! I meant to text you this yesterday, but I was so awake all day! I took one hour-ish nap and that’s about it. I’m not sure why I wasn’t tired lol and so far I’m feel good!

      Delete
    2. Ah okay! I was so confused by it since I thought they just took the tshirts and didn't realize they had products for sale lol.

      Ah thanks girl! I have a feeling it will go well but I'm just going with what the day brings me. I'm glad you're feeling good! Anesthesia affects everyone differently so that could be why I was tired and you weren't.

      Delete
    3. I never had heard of this brand until I learned about the re-spun project so I was confused at first, too lol. Everyone I talked to yesterday seemed so surprised that I was wide away and ready to do things. I still made myself lay around and watch baking shows though haha.

      Delete
  2. The Respun program is SUCH a good idea!! I just looked it up & definitely am going to have to give a go. Thank you so much for sharing about it! Sounds like you did amazing with your goals Em :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I sent mine in last Monday and received my credit towards the end of the week. I already ordered something using the credit :) Thanks sooo much Mackenzie!!

      Delete