Wednesday, April 3, 2019

All About Nuun

Nuun has been my go-to hydration for a couple years now. Back in January I became a Nuun Ambassador and I am more than happy to share the #nuunlove! I've had to chance to try 4 out of the 5 types of Nuun {I have yet to try Nuun Endurance!} and today I am sharing with you information along with my thoughts of the 4 types. At the end of each type I have also included my recommended flavor and when I drink the different types!


Nuun Sport (+ Caffeine)
Nuun Sport (formerly Nuun Electrolytes) is my go-to source of electrolytes before, during, AND after a workout. Nuun Sport + Caffeine powered me through all of my early morning marathon training long runs while Nuun Sport without caffeine is a great way to re-hydrate throughout the day.

1 tablet = 15 calories & 2 grams of sugar
Non-GMO certified, gluten-, dairy-, and soy-free
Vegan friendly
Stevia leaf provides a crisp, light sweetness
+ Caffeine contains 40mg of caffeine from organic green tea extract

My Thoughts: I'm a major water drinker, so keeping myself hydrated isn't too much of a problem, but I like to drink Nuun Sport throughout the day to switch up the flavor. I typically drink this before a run or later in a day after I had gone running. Nuun Sport + Caffeine is perfect for me in the morning because I don't drink coffee. I do feel like the caffeine gives me a boost of energy for my run. 

Recommended Flavors: Fresh Lime {with caffeine} and grape {without caffeine}


Nuun Immunity
With everyone getting sick these past few weeks, Nuun Immunity has become a staple in my desk drawer. With a botanical blend, vitamins, and electrolytes, Nuun Immunity is great for overall immune health support. Sip on one of 2 refreshing flavors (Blueberry Tangerine & Orange Citrus) next time you are starting to feel sick, are traveling, or are recovery from a hard workout.

1 tablet = 15 calories & 2 grams of sugar
Non-GMO certified, gluten-, dairy-, and soy-free
Vegan friendly

My Thoughts: Since I work with kids, I'll try anything to prevent myself from getting sick. I've been drinking Nuun Immunity throughout the day the past few weeks and I feel like I've kept myself from getting sick more than I typically would.

Recommended Flavor: Orange Citrus


Nuun Rest
Brush my teeth? Check. Wash my face? Check. Drink Nuun Rest? Check.
Since receiving my Nuun Rest in the mail last week, it has become part of my nighttime routine. Because proper rest and recovery is vital to your overall health and wellness, Nuun Rest was created to aid to promote restfulness and recovery. Magnesium, tart cherry, sodium, and potassium support the body's natural relaxation responses by calming the mind and relaxing the body, reducing inflammation and muscle soreness, aiding in fluid and nutrient retention, promoting muscle relaxation, and preventing cramping. Nuun Rest can be used as part of your bedtime routine, on rest days, to reduce stress, and any other time you need some extra R&R. Just add one tablet to 4-6 ounces of hot or cold water, let dissolve for about 4 minutes, and sip your way to relaxation. 

1 tablet = 10 calories & 1 gram of sugar
No artificial sweeteners
Non-GMO verified ingredients
Electrolytes for hydration

My Thoughts: When Nuun announced their newest addition, Nuun Rest, I was ecstatic! I ordered it right away and waited by my mail box until it arrived {okay, maybe that's a lie, but you get what I mean}. I tend to take awhile to fall asleep at night, which I find crazy because I feel tired before bed, so I was curious if this would help. I'm pretty pumped to say that all the nights that I have taken Nuun Rest before bed, I've fallen asleep much quicker than the nights I didn't take it. It truly does make your mind and body feel more relaxed. I have only ever tried the Rest with cold water but I have heard from fellow Nuun Ambassadors that they enjoy it in warmer water!

Recommended flavor: Lemon Chamomile


Nuun Vitamins
If you're someone who is always on the go like me, then Nuun Vitamins is for you! Nuun Vitamins help keep you hydrated while giving you a boost of 11 most under-consumed vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, D, and E. These vitamins and minerals promote daily wellness and healthy hydration. Nuun Vitamins is offered in 6 flavors, 2 of which contain caffeine!

1 tablet = 15 calories & 2 grams of sugar
Contains 11 vitamins and minerals designed to keep you healthy + hydrated
Non-GMO certified, gluten-, dairy-, and soy-free
Vegan friendly
Stevia leaf provides a crisp, light sweetness

My Thoughts: I've been trying to make it habit of drinking Nuun Vitamins a few times throughout the week to get in a dose of vitamins. I love the idea of combining hydration with vitamins. For some reason, I feel like I'm absorbing them more since it takes me longer to drink it rather than just swallowing a few pills.

Recommended Flavor: Grapefruit Orange


When do I drink each one?
Before a workout: Nuun Sport + Caffeine
Throughout the day: Nuun Vitamins or Nuun Sport (if I ran that morning)
Before bed: Nuun Rest or Nuun Sport (if I'm doing a long run the next day)
When I'm starting to feel sick: Nuun Immunity


Question of the Day: Have you ever tried Nuun? If so, which type and flavor are your favorite?

8 comments:

  1. It's nice to know the flavors you like! I put myself on a Nuun buying hiatus since I had multiple open tubes and felt ridiculous buying more. I can't wait to try Nuun Rest to see if it'll help me stay asleep at night.

    The flavor I'm sipping on today is watermelon Nuun Sport (no caffeine) and it's so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on a hiatus as well, hahaha. I bought the Rest a few weeks ago but other tan that, I told myself I need to finish a couple tubes before buying more. I really do like the Nuun Rest!

      Ahhh I love the watermelon, too. The flavor is perfect to sip on after a warm run.

      Delete
    2. When I go to Target this weekend I might pick up another tube since I'll be down to one by then. The only downside to Target is that they selection is obviously very limited but it's $1 cheaper so I'll take it. Plus it's so convenient!

      Delete
    3. I agree that the selection is limited but the price is worth it! Sometimes there are even cartwheel deals on the Target app!

      Delete
  2. I always have loved Nuun, but didn't realize just how many benefits/different types there were until this post!! Thanks for sharing, Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how many different types there are for different situations!

      Delete
  3. Okay, I've been dying to try the Nuun rest and now I've got to do it! That's amazing you noticed such a difference in your sleep! Can't wait to give it a try!!

    Have a great rest of your day, Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend trying out Nuun Rest! It made such a difference for me. Thanks for stopping by, Chelsea :)

      Delete