Friday, April 5, 2019

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Happy Friday, everyone!! This week really seemed to drag on, am I right?! At the end of the day Monday, I swore it had to be Thursday already. On Tuesday after school, I told a student to have a good weekend. Needless to say, it was a long week!! I am so excited for this weekend because one of my best friends {and best running friend} is coming to stay with me so we can volunteer at the Philly Hot Chocolate 5K/15K. I am SO excited to see her and also volunteer at my first race! Stay tuned for my experience with that next week :) And now, in typical Friday fashion, here are 5 things I've been loving this week!


1. Orange Vanilla Coke Zero
Yes, you read that right. I am LOVING a soda this week when I never drink soda. Pretty much I heard about orange vanilla coke and since I am a major orange vanilla flavor loving person, I was intrigued. Once I learned there was a zero sugar option, I knew I had to try it. I'm happy to report that it's pretty dang tasty! The orange vanilla flavor is there without being too strong. I don't drink it often because I am usually not a soda person, but it's been a nice treat every once in awhile.


2. 2019 Momentum #sharetheSpark Ambassador
I was notified on Monday morning that I was chosen as an ambassador for the 2019 Momentum Share the Spark campaign! I read the email a few times because I didn't really believe it at first. I don't have much information yet but I do know I'll be helping #sharetheSPARK with people during their campaign from April 23 to May 6. I am looking forward to that! Stay tuned for more about my ambassadorship later :)


3. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
I still can't believe I spent $20 on a lip mask but man, oh man am I beyond happy I did! I suffer from dry, painful, peeling lips during the winter and lately it has been unbearable. While perusing around Buzzfeed one night, I came across an article that featured this item. Intrigued, I did a little research, read some reviews, and was soon enough sold. I thought about it and discussed the idea of purchasing with John until he finally told me to just go buy it. Off to Sephora we went! I was so excited to go home and try it out that night. When I woke up the next morning, I instantly felt the difference. I've been using the lip mask every night for about 2 weeks now and my lips have never felt better! I highly suggest this for anyone who suffers with dry lips. The price may be steep, but a little goes a long way so I'm guessing this little pot will last me a long time! I could honestly go on for hours about this lip mask so I may have to make a whole post about it.


4.  Vera Bradley Stay Cooler Lunchbox
I've had my eye on the Vera Bradley Stay Cooler lunchbox for awhile now. I loved the idea of the wide open top and plenty of room for all the containers I bring to lunch. It was one of those items I told myself I'd by eventually. Well on Monday, my one coworker came in with one and told me all about how she got it at the outlets that happen to be 5 minutes from my house for less than $15!! You know that I marched my little legs over their on Tuesday to buy myself one! I've been using it since then and I am just amazed at how much it can hold. It has a longer, adjustable strap which makes it easier to carry it into school with all my bags each day.


5. Our Bathroom
If you've been following along with my blog the last couple months, then you know that my house became deemed the Hendricks House of Horrors in February because everything that could go wrong, went wrong. One thing in particular {and actually the event that started this whole dumpster fire} was the pipes in our downstairs bathroom burst. This meant with had to do a lot of work to piece it back together such as putting in new insulation, replacing the sheet rock, and painting. We were fortunate enough to have John's uncle do a majority of the work for us. Because he was doing the work on the side, it took his uncle about 2 months to complete the work which was fine by me! As of Tuesday, we officially have a beautiful, warm, functioning downstairs bathroom! I love it and have to admit I am relieved that I don't have to run upstairs each time I have to use the bathroom #firstworldproblems.

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


6 comments:

  1. Congrats again on being picked as an ambassador! So exciting and I can't wait to hear more about it.

    Have you never been to the Vera Bradley outlet before Tuesday? I'm pretty sure it's where I've bought any Vera Bradley that I've purchased myself. Everything is so much cheaper and sometimes you can find recently discontinued patterns there. The best!

    One thing I've loved this week was the book The Tattooist of Auschwitz. Maybe it's because of my experience actually be in a concentration camp but man the book was amazing. The lengths people went to in order to survive the tragedy is unreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had been to the outlet a year or so ago but I don't think I had purchased something for myself. I went through a Vera phase years ago and I wish I had known about the outlet then! The prices are crazy cheap! I almost bought I new bag for work because it would've been less than $40 when it was originally over $100!

      The Tattooist of Auschwitz sounds like such a good book! I've heard good things about it but you've now convinced me to go read it! It sounds like something that would interest me!

      Delete
    2. Do you get the mail from Vera Bradley? I think they still do this but they send you a coupon for your birthday month and you can use it at the outlet to get an even better price. Now I really hope the coupon can be used at the outlet still so I'm not hyping it up haha.

      Delete
    3. I think I do get mail from them! I'm sure you can use it at the outlet. I've always loved all the prints but now I love that you can get some pieces in solid colors!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh- Orange Vanila coke zero sounds sooo tasty. Sometimes a good coke just hits the spot! I rarely drink it, but every once in a while will get a craving (next time imma try that flavor). Congrats on being an Ambassador, girl! They chose right!! SUCH a cute lunchbox! So excited for you about your bathroom!! Trust me- I understand the bathroom woes, and a full functioning bathroom is da best haha. Have a great week, Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks :) I hope your bathroom woes are over now, too! I hope you have a great week!

      Delete