Monday, April 15, 2019

My Week(end) in Pictures XVII

Monday already?! I had such a long, yet fun weekend and it's hard to believe Monday is actually here. It was one of those weekends where I needed an extra day between Saturday and Sunday to relax. Because last week wasn't as exciting as this weekend, I've decided to just share my weekend in pictures with you today!


After work on Friday, I tutored for an hour before joining my brother at the gym for a strength training work out. We then met up with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew to pick out his outfit for the wedding (!!!).


Since John was away for the weekend, Dale agreed to spend the night with me so I didn't have to be alone in the house. We had a nice sushi dinner before heading home to watch The Founders and then crash after a long day.

 
On Saturday, we ran a 5K that was down the street from my house. The heat and humidity was real {where did it even come from?!} but I still managed to beat my last 5K time by 1 whole second haha. More about that in a recap soon!


Later that day, I joined my mom, sister, and nephew on a trip up to North Jersey for an Easter-themed train ride. My mom had won tickets last minute and we figured it would be a blast. Man, were we right!



Somebody REALLY enjoyed the train ride!

There was even a little egg "hunt" for the kids!
The views were nice!
 Afterwards we just HAD to stop at a Waffle House for dinner!


My mom stayed over my house Saturday night because we woke up early Sunday to prep for my sister's baby sprinkle I hosted! I didn't take many pictures because we were busy busy and then the party was a blast!


Cupcake decorating!
Just 2 short months until baby French fry is due! Note: I like to give her babies loving nicknames before they're born, haha.

Question of the Day: What was your favorite part of your weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good week! Congrats on the 5k PR! Even 1 second is still a PR which you gotta love. The favorite part of my weekend was having my cousin visit me from Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look up my time from the last 5K and was laughing when I saw it was literally 1 second. Gotta love it! That is so exciting that you were able to spend the weekend with your cousin :) I was actually up in North Jersey Saturday which I think was more north of you and was thinking that I was probably near you lol

      Delete
    2. Yeah it was a great weekend! We're more Central Jersey (if you're on team Central Jersey lol) but I love the North Jersey area! The houses can be massive in some towns!

      Delete
    3. We definitely passed through Princeton so I knew we were past you. We were in Phillipsburg! It was such a cute little area!

      Delete
  2. What a fun weekend!! The heat and humidity is totally hitting us already in Arkansas too!! Fingers crossed a miracle will happen and Summer won't be too bad...(even though I know it will be...haha)!

    Way to go on your 5k!!!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can handle heat but the humidity just makes it impossible to go outside and get things done! I am hoping for a decent summer! Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  3. Aw so fun y’all went shopping all together to find his outfit for the wedding- he is such a cutie!!!!

    That sushi!!!! That’s what I’m talkin’ about! Mmm. I am way overdo for some.

    Such a fun little Easter hunt <3 Love the picture of you and your sis <3 Also French fry is the cutest baby name ever ever.

    Thanks for sharing, Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had been way too long since I had some sushi! I could eat it every day!

      My nephew's nickname before he was born was nugget so of course I had to give this baby their own loving nickname :) My brother-in-law's sister refers to them as the happy meal because of my nicknames haha. It's so funny!

      Delete